Established Contributor
TheCreditKid

Discover Card Design

I've just recently request a different design on my Discover More. Once I activate my new card, would my original card still work? One CSR said they don't deactivate any card because some people prefer having a few cards, and another CSR said it will be deactivated.

Anyone requested a different card from Discover and had both of them work?

I chose the ocean design btw.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Regular Contributor
ILBrian

Re: Discover Card Design

I would assume it would work but it may be based on the way you requested:

There is an option to add an additional card with a different design, and an option to replace a worn or damaged card with the current design or new design...

All in all-

I have 3 cards with 3 different designs that all work

Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Super Contributor
concorduser

I have 3 cards with differen designs and they all are active.

Valued Contributor
vish1

I don't think, the card companies have any way to force your old card from working (unless they change your card number)

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}