Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Design

tag
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Discover Card Design

I've just recently request a different design on my Discover More. Once I activate my new card, would my original card still work? One CSR said they don't deactivate any card because some people prefer having a few cards, and another CSR said it will be deactivated.

Anyone requested a different card from Discover and had both of them work?

I chose the ocean design btw.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover Card Design

I would assume it would work but it may be based on the way you requested:

There is an option to add an additional card with a different design, and an option to replace a worn or damaged card with the current design or new design...

All in all-

I have 3 cards with 3 different designs that all work

Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 2 of 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I have 3 cards with differen designs and they all are active.

Message 3 of 4
vish1
Valued Contributor

I don't think, the card companies have any way to force your old card from working (unless they change your card number)

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.