Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Disputes - Stolen Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Card Disputes - Stolen Card

Well this just put a damper on my day....

Working on my rebuild with my Discover Secured Card and go online to see if my payment posted to only find a few fradulant transacations. 

1st was at a Nail Salon (Must be Nice)

2nd was at a gas station (Hopefully they put Prem).

3rd was at a McDonalds  (was for only $2.71 must have used the $1 menu) lol

My question is how is Discover with disputes?

The very nice lady at Discover CXLD my card and said I will receive my new card in 4-6 days. But I'm working on my Rebuild and don't want these fraud charges to post to my account for them to show as my balance. Currently there are $112 in pending charges (not mine) with my account showing a zero balance and my cycle closes on the 23rd. Discover said in 10 business days I should receive the TEMP credit during the investigation. 

Is it really 10 days from anybody elses personal experiance? They haven't posted yet so IDK if its 10 days from when they post because 10 days from today would be the 22nd and my cycle closes on the 23rd. I'm very nervous. I asked Discover and all I got was a generic 10 days. 

4 REPLIES 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Card Disputes - Stolen Card

@Anonymous wrote:

Well this just put a damper on my day....

Working on my rebuild with my Discover Secured Card and go online to see if my payment posted to only find a few fradulant transacations. 

1st was at a Nail Salon (Must be Nice)

2nd was at a gas station (Hopefully they put Prem).

3rd was at a McDonalds  (was for only $2.71 must have used the $1 menu) lol

My question is how is Discover with disputes?

The very nice lady at Discover CXLD my card and said I will receive my new card in 4-6 days. But I'm working on my Rebuild and don't want these fraud charges to post to my account for them to show as my balance. Currently there are $112 in pending charges (not mine) with my account showing a zero balance and my cycle closes on the 23rd. Discover said in 10 business days I should receive the TEMP credit during the investigation. 

Is it really 10 days from anybody elses personal experiance? They haven't posted yet so IDK if its 10 days from when they post because 10 days from today would be the 22nd and my cycle closes on the 23rd. I'm very nervous. I asked Discover and all I got was a generic 10 days. 

I just recently had fraud on my Discover card as well, and noticed it while at work. (I have all my alerts set to $1). called them immediately. They were really good about the whole thing.

they have to let the charges post first, before they can start to refund it. Mine was done and over with, new card in hand within 10 days, but it can take that long.  

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have them check for finger prints at the nail salon.
Message 3 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Have them check for finger prints at the nail salon.

lol they don't care about simple fraud.. 99% of CC fraud I would venture never gets investigated as the police have alot better things to do with their time.  Whether it is donuts or murder.  The CC company will just write it off if they can't get the merchant to eat the charge.

Message 4 of 5
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

I can't speak directly to Discover, but for Visa the bank/cu must let the transactions post first. Where I used to work I'd post them if they weren';t already posted, then immediately credit them off of the cardholder's account and onto our fraud general account, and work the problem from there (pursue with police, write off, whatever). Hopefully Disco does the same thing, so the balance won't linger, but rather be there and gone in a heartbeat.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.