Did you mean: 

Discover Card Members - $50 Bonus for opening checking

tag
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Card Members - $50 Bonus for opening checking

@jsucool76 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:
Yes. I agree. Too many checking accounts. I gave 4 now. But. Free money. Ooh well.

i have 6. lol 

I have 3 checkings accounts and 2 savings.

Checkings with BoA, DCU and discover

Savings with DCU and Penfed

Message 61 of 141
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well this is listed in website.

Offer is available only to current Discover credit card members or deposit customers, excluding current or previous Cashback Checking customers. Account is subject to approval and must be opened between
8/5/14-10/31/14. Limit 1 per customer and 1 per account. Bonus will be issued by 12/12/14 as a credit to your Cashback Checking account, which must be open when issued. Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. Offer may be modified or withdrawn without notice.

So by 12-12-14. Depending I think when you opened account. So we don't really know when we get to see the money Smiley Happy$$$$
Message 62 of 141
ShinBeats
New Contributor

I am actually in Chexsystems and they approved my checking account lol. Probably because I have their IT card.

09/26/2010
EQ: 634

08/28/2014
EQ: 652
Message 63 of 141
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

I had to register my checking account separately under, Discover Bank. It did not come up automatically when I logged onto the Credit card site. Does anyone know how to merge the two so I can access under one user name? I had to create a separate user name to access the banking portion of the website.

Message 64 of 141
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@thebostonredsox wrote:

I had to register my checking account separately under, Discover Bank. It did not come up automatically when I logged onto the Credit card site. Does anyone know how to merge the two so I can access under one user name? I had to create a separate user name to access the banking portion of the website.

It might take a day or two for it to show up when you login as a credit customer. Or it might not show up at all now that you made a seperate account. Who knows. 

Message 65 of 141
taxi818
Super Contributor

You should not have to do anything. The two are already together.

In phone app when you open. Does not matter if login in credit card. At top on left. Drop down arrow that goes to banking. Or if in banking. Drop down app that goes into credit card. Same at discover.com on computer.
Message 66 of 141
N7
Established Member

just applied and it shows up under a dropdown in the app
AMEX BCE $6.5k | AMEX PRG NPSL | Chase Ink Plus $5k | Discover IT $6k | Chase CSP $10k | Capital One Platinum $4k | Citi Diamond Preferred $11k | Chase Freedom $500
Message 67 of 141
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

I want to do it but I dont know what I would do with a 3rd checking. I already have two. One for bills, one for spending and rent. 

Message 68 of 141
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well I have 4 checking accounts. But for a free 50 bucks on a cost free account. I will dance with a hula hoop. Smiley Happy
Message 69 of 141
taxi818
Super Contributor

Btw. I only use 1 of them. To transfer funds to all my credit cards. Others are dormant collecting dust. Earning 6 cents here. 4 cents there. Smiley Sad
Message 70 of 141
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.