Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Members - $50 Bonus for opening checking

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Card Members - $50 Bonus for opening checking

If you want to transfer bank to bank, you would most likely do an ACH transfer. You'd need their bank account and routing numbers to do so. 

There are other ways to do it, I know one of my banks (ally) has some service that lets you send money, and they (your friend) gets an email from the service, and input whatever bank info they want it to go into. 

Message 101 of 141
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

If you want to transfer bank to bank, you would most likely do an ACH transfer. You'd need their bank account and routing numbers to do so. 

There are other ways to do it, I know one of my banks (ally) has some service that lets you send money, and they (your friend) gets an email from the service, and input whatever bank info they want it to go into. 

Thank You. 

Message 102 of 141
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I just noticed that my $50 was deposited on Friday.Smiley Tongue

Message 103 of 141
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I just noticed that my $50 was deposited on Friday.Smiley Tongue

Really. Time to check and head to ATM Smiley Happy

Message 104 of 141
taxi818
Super Contributor

Smiley Happy no deposit yet. 

Message 105 of 141
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a point of reference, my opening deposit was done on 8/22.

Message 106 of 141
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally forgot about this offer! free 50 bucks! plus i can deposit my discover cash back rewards to that account? sweet!

Message 107 of 141
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

How do you get this offer?

I do have a Discover It card, but when I go through the site there no mention of the bonus the offer anywhere. Just gives the breakdown of the checking account.

But I see the offer through the link in this thread.

So ho do you know if you'll qualify?  Do you just get it if you sign through that link?  Doesn't seem to be advertised much.

Message 108 of 141
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CenturyChild wrote:

How do you get this offer?

I do have a Discover It card, but when I go through the site there no mention of the bonus the offer anywhere. Just gives the breakdown of the checking account.

But I see the offer through the link in this thread.

So ho do you know if you'll qualify?  Do you just get it if you sign through that link?  Doesn't seem to be advertised much.

I got an "invitation" in the mail with a link a couple of months back. I'm not sure how others got the offer.

Message 109 of 141
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too got an invitation today for the $50 Bonus. Clicked on the link, filled in some information and was instantly approved. Noticed there was on a soft pull on Experian, but other than that, things are great. I'm gonna prepare to close out my Chase checking account and take advantage of the the rewards from Discover! Also very stoked for free checks, since I never owned any in my life (other than the free ones you get from intially opening a bank account).

Message 110 of 141
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.