Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Members - $50 Bonus for opening checking

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Card Members - $50 Bonus for opening checking

The moment they asked you for security questions. That is related to your credit report. Should have known. Sp.
Message 21 of 141
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I the only one who believes the number of checking accounts I am accumulating is ridiculous?  Not that I'm going to let this easy $50 pass...

Message 22 of 141
taxi818
Super Contributor

Got the new 3 bureau score watch from myfico. Soon as I finished signing up for fee discover account. Myfico told me discover was fishing around my experian. Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 141
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Am I the only one who believes the number of checking accounts I am accumulating is ridiculous?  Not that I'm going to let this easy $50 pass...

Just like credit cards, the system will let you know when you have too many!  Generally opening an account results in an inquiry in chexsystems or similar, and some people get rejected because of too many of these.   I have about 10, with no issues so far.

Message 24 of 141
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Dumb question: Do they perform a HP?

SP on one of your major credit report, HP on Chexsystem.

Message 25 of 141
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Thanks folks : )

Message 26 of 141
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

Just signed up! Thanks...tried to sign up over  the weekend but failed the security questions. Got 'em all right today. Weird.

BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 27 of 141
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just like credit cards, the system will let you know when you have too many!  Generally opening an account results in an inquiry in chexsystems or similar, and some people get rejected because of too many of these.   I have about 10, with no issues so far.

There is a limit?  So, there must be a score, somewhere!  Another credit thing to worry about, beautiful! Smiley Surprised

Message 28 of 141
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Not a limit as such, but exactly like CC Inqs.   A particular bank might decide that 10 recent inquiries is too much risk for them to give you an account, another one might not.

But yes, another reporting system.  Whether or not to worry about it is a different question!

Message 29 of 141
alinoapa
Regular Contributor

Just signed upSmiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 141
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.