Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Members - $50 Bonus for opening checking

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Card Members - $50 Bonus for opening checking

@taxi818 wrote:
Sorry to hear that. Wow. Did they say your card on the way?

no.. they said that it was not processed. and waiting me to call and verify, which i already did last tuesday... I apped this on August 25!.. so i am really upset about this..... Not sure if i will still be qualified for that 50$ bonus.. the customer service couldn't say for sure either.. ugh!

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 81 of 141
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

no.. they said that it was not processed. and waiting me to call and verify, which i already did last tuesday... I apped this on August 25!.. so i am really upset about this..... Not sure if i will still be qualified for that 50$ bonus.. the customer service couldn't say for sure either.. ugh!

Call up after your account is opened, if it ever is opened, lol, and just be like "am i going to get the $50 bonus?" and if they say no, send them a message on twitter or facebook or something. You'll get it. 

Message 82 of 141
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Call up after your account is opened, if it ever is opened, lol, and just be like "am i going to get the $50 bonus?" and if they say no, send them a message on twitter or facebook or something. You'll get it. 

@Anonymous.. how to send a message on twitter? or facebook? just @ them on twitter? but how do they know which one is my account then?

and tonight after i opened it they said that i would receive an email with a link like right now.. but i have been waiting for a few hours.. no link.. wth? did itactually open this time??? O.o

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 83 of 141
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous.. how to send a message on twitter? or facebook? just @ them on twitter? but how do they know which one is my account then?

and tonight after i opened it they said that i would receive an email with a link like right now.. but i have been waiting for a few hours.. no link.. wth? did itactually open this time??? O.o

Try checking your spam folder, just in case. Canned response, I know, but it happens to the best of us. 

@Anonymous yes, @discover on twitter, or just discover on facebook. Send them a direct message/private message, whatever they call em nowadays. The CSRs on the social team usually ask for a phone number and a time to call, and are usually very helpful. People do this with a lot of vendors nowadays. 

(I did this with barclays today, because I was told I would get 10,000 miles with my PC to arrival,and then told I wasn't getting them. Sent a message to barclays on facebook, got a message back 2 minutes later asking for my phone number, and then a message about an hour later saying "we have credited your account 10,000 miles, and they did). 

Message 84 of 141
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took advantage of this a few weeks ago. They sent me two checkbook for free! I was surprised.

Message 85 of 141
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

I received my card in the mail today. Its all black and doesn't have the pattern you see on their website but still decent.

Message 86 of 141
JSS3
Valued Contributor

What are the stipulations for getting the cashback bonus? Do you have to make a certain amount of transactions in a certain time period?

Message 87 of 141
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

What are the stipulations for getting the cashback bonus? Do you have to make a certain amount of transactions in a certain time period?

You need to be a current Discover credit card or banking customer.  Then open the account for the $50 bonus (may take some time to get). There is no minimum balance, but I don't know if there is a minimum opening amount.

The other CB's like 10 cents per bill pay, check or debit transaction is limited to 100 per month.  But you don't have to do them to get the main bonus.

Message 88 of 141
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@CreditDunce wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

You need to be a current Discover credit card or banking customer.  Then open the account for the $50 bonus (may take some time to get). There is no minimum balance, but I don't know if there is a minimum opening amount.

The other CB's like 10 cents per bill pay, check or debit transaction is limited to 100 per month.  But you don't have to do them to get the main bonus.

Overall, this account seems pretty cool. I signed up for it Smiley Happy Once the 10% bonus is gone, I see no real reason to keep a Chase banking product open right now. My CU does a great job, but savings rates there are only .1% APY. Discover has a pretty fee free schedule and a way to earn a couple cents here and there! Plus, my savings at Chase is a .01% APY while my new Discover Savings account is at .85% APY - a huuge increase!

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 89 of 141
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@CreditDunce wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

Overall, this account seems pretty cool. I signed up for it Smiley Happy Once the 10% bonus is gone, I see no real reason to keep a Chase banking product open right now. My CU does a great job, but savings rates there are only .1% APY. Discover has a pretty fee free schedule and a way to earn a couple cents here and there! Plus, my savings at Chase is a .01% APY while my new Discover Savings account is at .85% APY - a huuge increase!

Yes, it looks like a nice deal.  For those interested just in the sign up bonus, Chase offers similar bonuses.  Typically, you can get a couple hundred for either checking or saving accounts.  But, yes, I will be closing my Chase savings account soon and my Chase checking 1/2016.

Message 90 of 141
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.