Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card More Invitation

tag
GreenThumb553
Valued Member

Discover Card More Invitation

I just wanted to let everyone know that I received a Discover More invitation in the mail today.  Now, I do know that it isn't a "pre-approval."  There is a difference between the two.

Instead of applying on line, I thought maybe I would have better luck via telephone.  I called and spoke with a very nice lady.  (BTW, I am already an AU on another Discover card.)  She transferred me once, and then I got transferred again.

With the last CSR, he stated that Discover has just come out with a new program.  They will approve me with a $5000 CL if I get someone to "co-sign."  It won't show up on the co-signer's CR unless I default.  It's just there to help me get the card.  This is something I'm willing to consider. My significant other already has a Discover Cashback card.  (That's the card where I'm an AU.)  I'm sure he would co-sign for me, and this would significantly help my credit.  Any opinions on this?

BTW, they pull TU. My TU score is 611.  I have 4 CO, paid; but I also have a lease through Toyota Motors (never late), an Orchard Bank card (again never late), and another POS card through First Savings Bank., (never late.) 

Maybe I could call the recon line to avoid the co-signer?  If anyone thinks this may be a good idea please give your opinion. Also, if anyone has the recon number, I would greatly appreciate it!

Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover Card More Invitation

Give it a try.

Discover: 888-676-3695 (Recon)

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 2 of 7
GreenThumb553
Valued Member

Thanks for the number!  I just called and I did talk to someone. They won't recon my app - or anyone's (so he said). 

However, with the co-signer, it's only a positive for both.  So, that's probably what I'll do. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

That is absolutely not true.  I got my Discover card on recon in December.  I was declined because I had a Discover card years ago, so it instantly declined me.  I had to call and ask for reconsideration, approved on the spot.

Call back and see if you get someone new.

-----------------------
Message 4 of 7
GreenThumb553
Valued Member

Hmmm, good idea. It makes me nervous to talk to someone! Smiley Happy haha!

Oh, and the worst part? The guy didn't even LOOK at my credit report. He didn't ask for a SS# or anything! Weird?

Message 5 of 7
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Haha, don't be nervous.  They are just people.

I would just give them a call again.

-----------------------
Message 6 of 7
GreenThumb553
Valued Member

Called again; talked to another CSR ....

All I have to say is "poop".  Because of this new "system" where they are asking for co-applicants, there's no way to overturn their system - atleast that's what she said.

I don't know if that's true or not....... O'well. I could still get the card. Smiley Happy  I'll update soon!

thanks again!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.