Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Moving From Authorized User to Joint Account Holder Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Card Moving From Authorized User to Joint Account Holder Questions

alright, so im positive now that you either have to be an immediately family member or spouse or have the same address

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

alright, so im positive now that you either have to be an immediately family member or spouse or have the same address

I have never been asked about the relationship between me and an AU. I don't think the address has anything to do with it either. I added my DH as an AU to a couple of my accounts and none of this information ever came up. Each account is reporting on his credit reports. My mailing address is different than our physical address, so his cards go to the mailing address.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just can't figure out why it would work for you and not me.
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

i talked to someone at discover and the guy said it should be reporting and he thinks its because they didn't have my complete personal info, so i gave him my social, address and birthday and he said it should be reporting after the next billing cycle or something

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully that works the people on this site are pretty informative and spot on when it comes to info Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 18
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why am I getting screwed?

You're not.  Not all models and creditors would consider TL's where you're an AU anyway so don't rely so heavily on being an AU.  You have to build your own TL's.

Message 16 of 18
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh you best believe I am, I just know this could be to my advantage some of the time.... like my car insurance rate
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.