Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Card Payments

Paying on a small credit serves an obivious purpose , freeing up spending to pump more money into the card, which is why I canceled and combine my second cap1 , after 5 months running $200-$250+ on a $500 CL , So I wan't able to make to my due date without running out of credit , I use savings accounts to pay my cards , so I depend on my creditors to extend me credit I can use, cap1 wasn't convienced after 6 PIF balances. I combined it

you apply at the card it says you must submit a BT to recive higest possable credit realy you need a bt to get more than minum credit line

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

rbbyrbsn wrote: I amazed at people OCD about PIF before  statement,credit cards are suppose to be convient  as in you have a 30 day period to make purchase then after that you have a about another 3 weeks to payments PIF interest free, my cards are conveint since all my credit card let me setup advance payments, when I have balance due , I log in and setup a payment for my statement balance on the due date. (Warning DO NOT ATEMPT THIS AT HOME)  Which means if you use your banks bill pay system to pay your credit pay asap after the statement cuts
Well, in my case, I'm trying to play the FICO game the best I can with the limited cards (literally and figuratively) I have been given. When I have a zillion CCs with insane CLs, then I wouldn't mind what reports on them, but I only have three revolving accts. (four if you count Fingerhut, blech), and one is for paying off a large purchase, so if either of my other two/three accounts shows a balance, I'm going to get dinged for it. Besides, there's a real gratifying feeling when I look at a statement saying that I don't owe anything, knowing that I've used that card a lot that month.
Message 12 of 20
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

I wonder why it is that certain posters feel the need to interject opinion into a thread that asks for facts?

IF I WANT AN OPINION I'LL ASK FOR ONE!
Message 13 of 20
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Just a reminder to everyone to keep the posts positive and productive.

thanks,

Peas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 14 of 20
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

On a plus note, they seem quick to report. My statement just cut yesterday and it's already reflecting on TU and EX.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Discover is by far the slowest to post payments and purchases. Often when I purchase gas, it will take as long as 5 days to post. It's so irritating because they don't even post the holds; you just have to guess based on the available credit you have minus your balance. Why can't they do what Wachovia does and post holds as "pending"? Since I'm getting 5% back on gas with my Discover More card, I use it right up until the statement cuts. So I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never be able to get this card to a $0 balance before the statement cuts.

This flaw is such a shame because it taints an otherwise fantastic web interface.
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wesley23 wrote:
Yes, Discover is by far the slowest to post payments and purchases. Often when I purchase gas, it will take as long as 5 days to post. It's so irritating because they don't even post the holds; you just have to guess based on the available credit you have minus your balance. Why can't they do what Wachovia does and post holds as "pending"? Since I'm getting 5% back on gas with my Discover More card, I use it right up until the statement cuts. So I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never be able to get this card to a $0 balance before the statement cuts.

This flaw is such a shame because it taints an otherwise fantastic web interface.

I agree. And, I'm also probably also the only person on this forum that hates penfed, so I'm using my discover for the 5% on gas too so long as it's one of the quarterly categories. I've heard that penfed is hard to gauge too, so I was going to let that be the card that reports, but because I'm snubbing them at the moment, I guess we'll have to let Discover be that card. I was truly shocked though to find that literally the day after the Discover card statement cut 2 of the bureaus had already posted the new balance on my credit reports!
Message 18 of 20
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

PenFed is not hard to judge. My card will report CR BAL for second month running and I put tons of $'s through it. Discover is much harder. You can transfer at PenFed to the CC to pay the unposted charges. You can't do that with Discover. Knowing what to pay is one thing. Being able to pay it is another.

As for cards reporting balances: I had one slip by last week while I was in the hospital and it took my FICO down 4 points. Not a big deal but it did take my score back under 700 (699).

UpUpUp:

UpUpUp wrote:

.And, I'm also probably also the only person on this forum that hates penfed...

Why?

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

jmbfl wrote:
.And, I'm also probably also the only person on this forum that hates penfed...

Why?

Because when I applied with them...with a 740+ EQ score with NO baddies not even a single late, ever and only NO inqs in over a year they put me through the ringer just to give me a $1k card. I am self-employed and they treated me like crap. The CSR's were rude, every time I called they told me to send in x,y,z which I did, and then later that afternoon at the end of the day whent he loan officers went home they would update my application status to "needs, x, y, z". I'd call back and tell them I sent exactly what they asked for last time and they'd tell me they wanted more. Never would let me speak to the loan department, would put me through to a CSR sup, but that's as  far as it went and they always updated the status just as the loan officers were leaving for the business day.  This went on for a full business week and then at the end of the day they approved me for a whopping $1k. There is nothing fishy about my business, it is incorporated, tax id's, etc. one of the reps flat out told me they are not fond of the self-employed...

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 08-15-2008 12:55 PM
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.