Established Contributor
CreditCrusader

Discover Card Question

[ Edited ]

Hello all. I'm very new to the forum and very grateful to be able to pull from the pool of knowledge that exists here!

I have a question related to the Discover Card. I had a Discover card back in 1999. My financial world melted with the tech dump after 2000 and I had a BK 7 discharge in 2001.

That BK is now off my record, but I was wondering:

1. Will Discover blacklist me due to that previous account? ($1,000 limit, I believe, and it wasn't maxed out...$700 I believe)

2. What sort of FICO scores are needed to get my foot back in the door with Discover?

Scores listed below are as recent as I have at the moment. I have a very recent new auto loan and about 26% utilization on revolving credit (Wal-Mart - $600 limit, Fingerhut - $200, Firestone - $1200, Capital One unsecured - $750, Orchard Bank unsecured - $300, JC Penney - $200). I also have student loans from my years in grad school - all paid current. Any and all feedback will be very much appreciated!

I'm Spartacus!

hr>Starting Score: EQ 546, EX 547, TU 580
Current Scores (lender): EQ 725 , EX FICO 720, TU 737 FICO scores>
Goal Score: 750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
CreditCrusader

Re: Discover Card Question

I realize now that this may belong in the Credit Cards portion of the forum. My apologies if so...

I'm Spartacus!

hr>Starting Score: EQ 546, EX 547, TU 580
Current Scores (lender): EQ 725 , EX FICO 720, TU 737 FICO scores>
Goal Score: 750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
coldnmn

Re: Discover Card Question

No they don't black list but your scores should be higher and don't volunteer BK info when you do apply. Let the past remain in the past. They do call you and ask about past credit history. Learn from your past mistakes like I did. My banker once told me people have three financial disasters in their life. Its not how you fall but how you pick yourself up that matters. He has since passed away but I try to live up to the standards he set for me. I got  the Discover More card and my past history was worse then yours. My Fico scores in the high 680's when I applied. Read the posts on this site. To me its the most important reading of the day. Also check out www.whogavemecredit.com to compare your score to the card you want. 

My Wallet /US Bank Cash+ Signature $10,000/ Ace US Bank Signature $10,000 / Sam's Mastercard $8000
/ Walmart Mastercard $8000 / Discover IT $5000 / Care Credit $5000
/ Husqvarna $5000 / PayPal SmartConnect $4800 / Cap1 Quicksilver $4000 / Barclay Ring $3550
Last App 8/12/14 /

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}