Established Contributor
Bella1980

Re: Discover Card Question

Discover has great rewards but they are tough to get...they check Experian generally and make sure you have a score above 680, preferably 700 when you apply.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Contributor
cantretire

I just got a great BT deal from them.  My scores 2 months ago were 726 - 733
New Contributor
Sithkitty

I got a my Discover card a few months ago with a score in the lower 700's. They are not as widley accepted as the other cards.
New Contributor
jedijennifer

I got my Discover when I was a student in college 10 years ago (first credit card).  It had a low limit to start with, but it has grown with me over the years.  I didn't pay any attention to the interest rate back then since I always PIF'd.  The only thing I had on my credit report back then was a student loan that was 10 months old.  From my experience, if you treat Discover right, they will treat you right.  It is my favorite card.
---------------------------------------
GOALS:
2009: lower utilization, sell current house (moving to fiancee's house), 700 Club
2010: less than 3% utilization, car loan
2012: buy a farm
FICO 1/16/09: TU: 690 EQ: 635 EX: 659
Regular Contributor
Ishmael109

Discover was my first CC. I got it, (along with a T-shirt and Waterbottle) during my Freshman year of College, in 1991. I had no credit hx to speak of, but times have changed.

I do find Discover to be much more conervative than most lenders. I started out with an initial credit line of 1500. At present, my CL is 13,500. It has not grown as rapidly as many of the other cards that were issued to me during the same year/timeperiod, despite heavy PIF usage. They also soft me on a monthly basis.

I'm not complaining, as I don't need any more credit than what I have.:smileyhappy: I like the cashback feature, and the customer service is better than most.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+