Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Recon Hours

tag
thobbs
New Contributor

Discover Card Recon Hours

Does anyone know what days & times the Discover recon lines are open? I app'd for one tonight but it gave me the 7 - 10 days verification message. I went to check the status and it said that it was down on Sundays from 12am to 12pm. I want to call them to first see if my app went through and then to see if I can get the ball rolling on the app. Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Card Recon Hours

I'm pretty sure they're 24 hours if you call.  What time did you app?  If it was after 12, then it's quite possible they didn't even get your app at all.  This happened to me.  The rep told me if you try to app again while they are processing an app, it will not allow you.  In my case they didn't have my app and I had to app again.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thobbs - Just hold tight. If you got the "7 - 10 days verification message" then your app was received. If they need additional info, they will give you a call. When I applied online I got the same message and then they called me the next day (I forgot what day of the week it was), verified some info, and I got my approval. So don't sweat it. If you don't hear anything by Monday afternoon or don't see a "satisfactory" message online, then I would give them a call.

Message 3 of 6
thobbs
New Contributor

Ok thanks, I'll wait until I get home from work on Monday and see if anything changes.  If not, would the recon number be the correct number to call?  I don't believe I should have any trouble since my FICO's are over 800, utilization is about 5%, and only 1 inquiry in the past year.  So I'm not sure if its more of a decline then an application error.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

With scores that high and with low utl...you should be fine. I wouldn't worry about it if I had your profile.

And yes, I would call that backdoor number or their application status phone number (not sure what the number is).

Message 5 of 6
thobbs
New Contributor

Thanks!  This board is always so helpful!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.