Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Statement Date???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Card Statement Date???

This may sound like a silly question, but it there a standard date when discover releases the monthly statement?

I have had my card over 30 days and still no statement. Trying to make sure it posts a zero balance so I'm paying every charge once it posts to my account. Would be helpful to know what the actual statement date would be so I can stop worrying about reporting a statement balance.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Discover Card Statement Date???

Click the Activity & Payments menu up top, then choose Activity & Statements:

discodate.jpg

Generally, Discover statements close 5 days after the due date and the dates don't change.  My statement always closes on the 20th and my due date is always the 15th.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

discodate.jpg

Generally, Discover statements close 5 days after the due date and the dates don't change.  My statement always closes on the 20th and my due date is always the 15th.

Got it!! Thank you very much!!! I have been only using the app which doesnt provide this much detail..

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also change the due date if you need to.
Message 4 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This may sound like a silly question, but it there a standard date when discover releases the monthly statement?

I have had my card over 30 days and still no statement. Trying to make sure it posts a zero balance so I'm paying every charge once it posts to my account. Would be helpful to know what the actual statement date would be so I can stop worrying about reporting a statement balance.

No there's no standard date. Just call customer service and ask what your statement date will be. They'll tell you.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

discodate.jpg

It's not standard. My statement always closes the day after the due date.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 11
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

My first Discover statement didn't close for almost 6 weeks after I opened my account .   They did report a balance to my CR prior to the first statement cut.   

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MakingProgress wrote:

My first Discover statement didn't close for almost 6 weeks after I opened my account .   They did report a balance to my CR prior to the first statement cut.   

I was able to check for my statement date online as suggested above. Since I only have days before my statement cuts, I will make sure I dont use it until after my statement drops. This way I have nothing to worry about.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No there's no standard date. Just call customer service and ask what your statement date will be. They'll tell you.

Thanks!! I was able to find it online as described above.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have only been using the app which doesnt provide this much detail..

Kids and their phones...  Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.