Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card....Why NOW!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Card....Why NOW!

Yea... I have not found that site very useful. Just thought there would be some folks here that have Discover Cards, and first hand experience.
Message 11 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover is sometimes slow to post HOWEVER - your due date is one day and the statement cuts the next day making it easy to control util.
Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes lady, that would make it ery easy to manage util. Thanks for the input! Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 38
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

so_confused wrote:
Not sure...Do they have an odd way of billing cycles?

At one time some of their cards used two-cycle billing.  I'm not sure if they still do, but I do know my Discover More card started out w/ it.  I think it's based on your credit tiers w/ Discover.

I cold app'd online and rec'd a 1.1k limit.  I had an old Discover card in the early 90s and I didn't treat it very well and they STILL took me.  After 6 months and no auto cli, I called and agreed to a hard inq to bump the limit to 3.5k.

I love my Discover More card.  I was getting ready to buy some furniture (roughly 2.5k) thru the Shop Discover site for the bonus 5%.  I asked if I could have my APR reduced and they took it down to 3.9 for 6 months.  In less than a year I earned about 300 in cash back.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have nothing but kudos for Discover. My wife has one w/6900 CL @ 7.9 and I just got one w/1100 CL from a pre-approval letter. Did some small balance transfers @ 0% for 12 months and purchases @ 3.9 for 6 months.
Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whirled, I was offered the More card is that the best card?

Do you think my scores will make the grade with them?

Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reno, Do you think you should have got a larger line withh your scores?
Message 17 of 38
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

700's should do the trick.

More seems to be the easier one to get and higher limits. 

Message 18 of 38
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

so_confused wrote:

Whirled, I was offered the More card is that the best card?

Do you think my scores will make the grade with them?

The More card was the best fit for me!  You might be attracted to a different card based on your needs.  Their website is great at explaining the pros and cons of each card.

In this economy I can't even begin to fathom what works with creditors these days.  I app'd back in Feb w/ scores in the mid 600s, a few lates/collections/CO from 2005 and earlier, along with about 50k for income.

Please let us know if you decide to go for it!  Smiley Wink

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually was surprised I got it because I have a high debt to income ratio with my kids cars (cosigned) and a couple of cards with high util% (once again because of my lovely children in college LMAO then I start to cry LOL). All that said my score is around 695 +/-

I'm just going to use it for cash back and PIF on this one with my CU debt card and harvest another .5% cash back Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.