cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card - Why do so many want this card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Card - Why do so many want this card?

It seems like a common theme here that everyone is carrying Discover or if not they are trying like all bent to get it.  My question is why and what do I not see?  I mean I get the concept of get cards that are applicable to your interests but what does Discover bring that is better than others?  The 1.5x miles is a bit nice but is the popularity here due to the no AF?

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Card - Why do so many want this card?

I like Discovering new benefits.
Message 2 of 50
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

It's awesomesauce!

Message 3 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure if you're talking about the it or the new miles card, but I'll speak on the it because I have it. For me it's the no AF, categories, free fico, and US based CS. Over all it's a nice card.
Message 4 of 50
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Discover Deals (formally ShopDiscover) is one of the best, if not the best, online cashback malls on top of some of the best rotating categories that fit well with another common card, Chase Freedom.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 5 of 50
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm not sure if you're talking about the it or the new miles card, but I'll speak on the it because I have it. For me it's the no AF, categories, free fico, and US based CS. Over all it's a nice card.

And on the miles card, the only attraction for me (and why I have it) is the first year double miles bonus, so it is an uncapped 3%.   After the year, I will S/D it

Message 6 of 50
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Zero percent for 15 months and a $11k opening CL worked for me - after that its just a decent card 

Message 7 of 50
onstar
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I like Discovering new benefits.

LOLOL.

OP: Since you mentioned Miles, is it safe to assume that you meant Discover Miles? If so, longtimelurker's response is probably the main reason why:

@longtimelurker wrote:

And on the miles card, the only attraction for me (and why I have it) is the first year double miles bonus, so it is an uncapped 3%.   After the year, I will S/D it

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 8 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want the It someday..Moreso once all the 0% cards I have now run out, to keep avoiding interest. As well as the 5% cash back categories, which are sometimes different than my Freedom 5% categories. I could get 5% cash back for gas for half of the year instead of just 1/4 of the year if I used only one card.

Message 9 of 50
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@EndersRapture

If you use USAA MC card, it would be 5% gas the entire year.
Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.