Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card application

tag
-RED
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover Card application

They pulled Equifax for me, and I live in Washington State.
-800 or Bust...!
Message 21 of 36
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

EX for me.  In CT.

-RED, did you get the card?  Just curious.

Message 22 of 36
-RED
Regular Contributor

No I did not, and I had a 717, I think being late on my car a few years a go made them snobby towards me. They were really rude, and I tried a few times to convice them, and after it was all said and done, I have decided I will never in my life re-apply. They had their chance with me, and I won't forget the attitude they had regardless. Time to cherry pick, because I have 2 HSBC cards, that I want to transfer balances on. One is the Best Buy M/C w/a 1200 limit, with about 500 on it, and the other has a 650 limit [Orchard M/C -The starter card! LOL] with a 125 balance. I only want one more card, and it has to be the best of the best, otherwise I will pass untill I get there. Only Buying cars for the next few years, and I'm re-aging a 14 year old Jewlery Account, and then I'm DONE!
-800 or Bust...!
Message 23 of 36
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Discover is a very conservative card issuer, maybe Citi would work, they seem to be a bit more flexible in approving new accounts.

I'm surprised to hear about the rudeness, though.  That's not usually Discover's style.  Maybe a bad hair day for the CSR, who knows?

Message 24 of 36
-RED
Regular Contributor

I talked to about 3 people, and requested a call back, and even offered my pay stub, they must being dealing with huge loses, because I work very hard, and make really good money accordingly. I have no clue. I only have about 600/mo in required payments too, and that includes my Car Lease.

I wasn't that happy with Citi Group, years ago, any others you think I might want to consider, because I want it be for the long hall...

Message Edited by -RED on 09-22-2009 04:00 AM
-800 or Bust...!
Message 25 of 36
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

-RED, why not start a new thread and get some opinions on which card you should go for?  I think you'll get plenty of replies (and all of them better than mine)!

Good luck with everything!

Message 26 of 36
DI
Super Contributor

EQ in southern states.
Message 27 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU for me in NJ!

First time I apped was december 08 and they pulled TU and declined but was offered HSBC co branded card with a 300 limit and a 39 AF (closing soon) - apped again this month after cleaning the report and walla - 2K discover more..

Message 28 of 36
-RED
Regular Contributor

I'm not that worried about it. Thanks regardless!
-800 or Bust...!
Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied yesturday for the Discover More card. I had to confirm so info and then was approved for 2k. They pulled TU which helped out a lot since I have a few inquires on EX. Also they asked me if I had any other major credit cards....what was that about? Wouldn't they just be able to see that in my credit report.
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.