Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card is my CashBack Amount Correct

tag
FrostDragon
Established Member

Discover Card is my CashBack Amount Correct

I recently purchased a guitar from Amazon for $229 (3/23/14) and then I purchased about $900 worth of computer parts from Tiger Direct and Newegg on April 14th and 15th.

My Cashback amount on the website is $1.50 total with only .65 coming from purchases on my mar 14-apr 13 statement. During that statement period I made 2 purchases: $229.99 and $32.23. I always pay in full every month. I kind of expect to get $2.62 in cashback on that period. 

I understand that the things I bought don't qualify for the 5% cashback offer at the moment but I don't have a clue about how this amount was calculated since I thought I was supposed to get 1% cashback on all other purchases. I can't find any info on the discovercard website other than info about the 5% stores.

Am I only supposed to earn .25% cashback? because that is really pathetic Smiley Sad I'm a tad poor so that .75% actually matters to me a little bit 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Card is my CashBack Amount Correct

A lot of things factor into the calculation. Do you have the IT card or the More card because the IT card is the only one in Discover's lineup that earns 1% Cash Back on all purchases. Are you signed up for 5% cash back? If not, you should still have time to sign up so it can be calculated into your reward bonus. And it also depends on how a company has the purchases "coded" when you swipe your card.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 4
FrostDragon
Established Member

It is a discover more card and I am signed up for the 5% categories. I sign up every time they change even though I usually don't make qulifying purchases. So the It card always gets at least 1%? Is there a way to switch to that from the More? 

Message 3 of 4
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Yes the IT card earns 1% on all purchases. More card earns .25% annually I believe (correct if wrong). Call Discover and ask to PC your card.
As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.