Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card still not reporting?

tag
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Discover Card still not reporting?

As you may know, I've been on cloud nine with all my new found credit lines I was approved for back in August.  All my new cards (GE's Care Credit $2k, AMEX Zync NPSL, AMEX BCE $1k and Chase Freedom $5k) are all now reported as of October 1.  I'm curios how long it takes Discover to report.  I'm basing this off Credit Karma which have been alerting me to new items hitting my report via TU.  Also, my mortgage for $169k STILL is not reporting either and I closed that early August, exactly 2 months ago.

I took a serious hit to my score of 20 fako points (678, now 658) with my new lines.  It may go lower once Discover and Wells Fargo mortgage report. I made sure my utilization reported now more than 10%.  My AAoA has been shortened for 5 years 11 months to 4 years 2 months.  But that's ok. I'm hoping over the next few months my scores pick up to put my over 700 for the first time ever (that's all I need to complete my 2012 financial goals), but I fear I won't make that goal.  And with 15 inquiries now reporting, I'm in the garden until October 2013 when they don't count against me.  I may wait until 2014 for them to fall off completely, but I'm going to have to buy or lease a new car within the next 2 years so we'll see.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Card still not reporting?

im in the same boat kind of. 23 inq total on all reports.

dont worry about the ck score. 

honestly ive gone to 712 on here both reports when my ck score was like 630's its now at 654 when my auto loan reported it didnt even move score. 

its basic stuff. charge pif (if you have the means too.)  and dont make late payments dont let it go to collection and we would be golden. since your aaoa is higher that also helps you out. 

and reporting id expect a 5 point drop for the first couple months. not sure how a mortgage works though. im assuming a little more since its such a purchase and kills alot of dti's 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 9
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Discover usually reports at the end of you second statement cycle. Also if there are any changes to your account like cli or pc they do not report for another 2 months.
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 3 of 9
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:
Discover usually reports at the end of you second statement cycle. Also if there are any changes to your account like cli or pc they do not report for another 2 months.

ouch.  unless they mid cycle update as a couple people posted on here. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 4 of 9
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Ok, that's good to know.

Credit score simulator on CK says my score will drop 30 points (ouch!) once my mortgage reports.  Jeez.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 5 of 9
EandK23
Regular Contributor

thanks for the post... I was wondering when my new Discover would report as well! 

Message 6 of 9
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

been 4 statements for me, still nothing.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 7 of 9
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

@migliogiorni wrote:

Wow.  Ok, after the 3rd statement, I'll be calling them to see what's up if it's not reporting by then.  My 2nd statement cuts in 2 weeks so hopefully by the end of the month I'll get the report in (the sooner my credit score takes a hit, the sooner it rises back up).

My Wallet:
Message 8 of 9
EandK23
Regular Contributor

@Razeus wrote:

@migliogiorni wrote:

Wow.  Ok, after the 3rd statement, I'll be calling them to see what's up if it's not reporting by then.  My 2nd statement cuts in 2 weeks so hopefully by the end of the month I'll get the report in (the sooner my credit score takes a hit, the sooner it rises back up).

+1

it's like you know you're going to take the hit on the credit score so let's get it done and over with already!! 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.