Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card was checking one of its customer's ChexSystems reports

tag
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

Discover Card was checking one of its customer's ChexSystems reports

When you try to open a checking account or savings account, sometimes that bank will check what's on kept on file about you over at a company called ChexSystems.

Today someone posted that when he ordered a copy of his ChexSystems report he discovered that Discover Card (with whom he has a credit card) had been peeking at his ChexSystems file

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b295/optomos/CHEX.jpg
Message Edited by MojaveMoon on 05-10-2009 07:36 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Card was checking one of its customer's ChexSystems reports

Odds are they defaulted on the Discover Card and Discover wants to find out where they bank so they can garnish.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked at the ChexSystem Report he posted on PhotoBucket and it appears that it is more likely than not that Discover pulled his ChexSystems report for the purposes of offering one of their banking deposit accounts since Discover is attempting to find prescreened people such as Discover cardmembers to target their deposit account to. I would not be concerned since the Chexsystem inquiry appears in the pre-screened non-consumer section of the report.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Odds are they defaulted on the Discover Card and Discover wants to find out where they bank so they can garnish.

I read the circusmstances, and this was definitely not the case here. It's an account in good standing. JeremyATL's explanation sounds like a likely explanation.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.