Frequent Contributor
codimom

Discover Card..what are the differences?

I was recentlyh approved for a discover more card.  After reading through some of the newer threads here, it made me wonder what are the different levels of a Discover card?   I know with Chase its like Slate>Freedom>Sapphire>Sapphire Preferred...   Can someone shed some light for me?

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13

Super Contributor
CS800

Re: Discover Card..what are the differences?

Not sure of the rank but from what I have read, I would Rank the Discover IT the best card in the Discover lineup.

Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Congrats on your approval

New Contributor
HiHiHiHiHiHi

[ Edited ]

I don't think the Discover cards have levels. The different cards just have different types of rewards and features.

Discover More(Cashback)  - 5% Cash Back in rotating categories, 1% Cash Back after you spend $3000 in one year, 0.25% under $3000 in spending

Discover More Student (Cashback)- Like the regular More except more lenient on approvals, designed for students, higher APR

Discover IT (Cashback)- Like the Discover More plus newer design, no late fee on first late payment,  no overlimit fee, and they won't increase your APR if you pay late.

Discover Open Road(Cashback) - 5% Cashback on the first $250 spent on Gas and Dining each billing period.

Discover Open Road Student (Cashback)- Like the regular Open Road except more lenient on approvals, designed for student, higher APR

Discover Motiva (Cashback)- Earn 5% of your interest payments back every statement you make an on-time payment.

Discover  Miles(Miles) - Double Miles on first $3000 on travel and resturants per year, 1 point per dollar on all other purchases. Introductory miles of 1,000 miles each month you make a purchase in the first 12 months (12,000 total miles).

Discover Escape (Miles) - Travel card with annual fee of $60. Unlimited double miles on every purchase. Introductory miles of 1,000 miles each month you make a purchase in the first 25 months (25,000 total miles).

Scores: EQ-798 EX-802 TU-786

CC: |Amex PRG - NPSL| |Citi Simplicity - 22.6K| |CapOne No Hassle Rewards - 20K| |Chase Freedom 17.5K| |CSP 15K| |Discover IT - 7.8K| |Discover More - 6.1K| |GE PC Richard - 4.5K| |Amex Delta Gold - 3.5K| |Citi Goodyear - 2.5K| |CapOne Kohls - 1.5K| |GAP - 1.5K| |Macy's Amex - 1K| |Ann Taylor - 0.5K| |NY&C - 0.5K|
Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Great info HiHiHiHiHiHi

New Contributor
HiHiHiHiHiHi

Credit314 wrote:

Great info HiHiHiHiHiHi

Thanks

Scores: EQ-798 EX-802 TU-786

CC: |Amex PRG - NPSL| |Citi Simplicity - 22.6K| |CapOne No Hassle Rewards - 20K| |Chase Freedom 17.5K| |CSP 15K| |Discover IT - 7.8K| |Discover More - 6.1K| |GE PC Richard - 4.5K| |Amex Delta Gold - 3.5K| |Citi Goodyear - 2.5K| |CapOne Kohls - 1.5K| |GAP - 1.5K| |Macy's Amex - 1K| |Ann Taylor - 0.5K| |NY&C - 0.5K|
Frequent Contributor
codimom

Thanks HiHi (love the nickname). that is exactly what i was looking for.

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}