cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card..what are the differences?

tag
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Discover Card..what are the differences?

I was recentlyh approved for a discover more card.  After reading through some of the newer threads here, it made me wonder what are the different levels of a Discover card?   I know with Chase its like Slate>Freedom>Sapphire>Sapphire Preferred...   Can someone shed some light for me?

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Card..what are the differences?

Not sure of the rank but from what I have read, I would Rank the Discover IT the best card in the Discover lineup.

Message 2 of 7
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval

Message 3 of 7
HiHiHiHiHiHi
New Contributor

I don't think the Discover cards have levels. The different cards just have different types of rewards and features.

Discover More(Cashback)  - 5% Cash Back in rotating categories, 1% Cash Back after you spend $3000 in one year, 0.25% under $3000 in spending

Discover More Student (Cashback)- Like the regular More except more lenient on approvals, designed for students, higher APR

Discover IT (Cashback)- Like the Discover More plus newer design, no late fee on first late payment,  no overlimit fee, and they won't increase your APR if you pay late.

Discover Open Road(Cashback) - 5% Cashback on the first $250 spent on Gas and Dining each billing period.

Discover Open Road Student (Cashback)- Like the regular Open Road except more lenient on approvals, designed for student, higher APR

Discover Motiva (Cashback)- Earn 5% of your interest payments back every statement you make an on-time payment.

Discover  Miles(Miles) - Double Miles on first $3000 on travel and resturants per year, 1 point per dollar on all other purchases. Introductory miles of 1,000 miles each month you make a purchase in the first 12 months (12,000 total miles).

Discover Escape (Miles) - Travel card with annual fee of $60. Unlimited double miles on every purchase. Introductory miles of 1,000 miles each month you make a purchase in the first 25 months (25,000 total miles).

Scores: EQ-798 EX-802 TU-786

CC: |Amex PRG - NPSL| |Citi Simplicity - 22.6K| |CapOne No Hassle Rewards - 20K| |Chase Freedom 17.5K| |CSP 15K| |Discover IT - 7.8K| |Discover More - 6.1K| |GE PC Richard - 4.5K| |Amex Delta Gold - 3.5K| |Citi Goodyear - 2.5K| |CapOne Kohls - 1.5K| |GAP - 1.5K| |Macy's Amex - 1K| |Ann Taylor - 0.5K| |NY&C - 0.5K|
Message 4 of 7
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Great info HiHiHiHiHiHi

Message 5 of 7
HiHiHiHiHiHi
New Contributor

@Credit314 wrote:

Great info @HiHiHiHiHiHi

Thanks

Scores: EQ-798 EX-802 TU-786

CC: |Amex PRG - NPSL| |Citi Simplicity - 22.6K| |CapOne No Hassle Rewards - 20K| |Chase Freedom 17.5K| |CSP 15K| |Discover IT - 7.8K| |Discover More - 6.1K| |GE PC Richard - 4.5K| |Amex Delta Gold - 3.5K| |Citi Goodyear - 2.5K| |CapOne Kohls - 1.5K| |GAP - 1.5K| |Macy's Amex - 1K| |Ann Taylor - 0.5K| |NY&C - 0.5K|
Message 6 of 7
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Thanks HiHi (love the nickname). that is exactly what i was looking for.

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.