Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card with Expected High Limit

tag
Gnut
Established Member

Re: Discover Card with Expected High Limit

I received a discover more with about 2 years of history. when I pulled my reports they were both in the low 700's when i was approved for 3,240.00. This was about 1 year ago and I havent asked or received any increases. I had most of my cards maxed out for a while so im sure thats why they didnt auto cli my card, and I didnt want to take a chance so I never called them but since I just paid nearly all my debt off im waiting till that reports and I may hit the luv button. my AAoA then was 1 year, and income was about 30K a year.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for sharing this information.
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have another point that I need help with if any of you is expert with that. Does the addition of Discover to my portfolio of 4 cards (2 Visa, 1 MC and 1 AMEX) affect my score negatively or I am still safe with 5 cards?

Thanks

Message 13 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have another point that I need help with if any of you is expert with that. Does the addition of Discover to my portfolio of 4 cards (2 Visa, 1 MC and 1 AMEX) affect my score negatively or I am still safe with 5 cards?

Thanks

Your AAoA's decreases each time you add new accounts.  Your scores decline when that happen.  I went from a EQ FICO of 767 to 730 after adding 9 new accounts.  The good news is  your AAoA's will rebound.  Once your new account becomes one year old you should see a score increases.   

Message 14 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

oshoair wrote:

Thanks

As DI said, you'll probably see a drop. Just the price of building a good credit portfolio.

I'd stop now, and just let them grow.

Is your wife's $500 CL card a Discover Discover, or is it issued by HSBC? Just checking, because the HSBC Discovers are infamous for low limits that never grow.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 19
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

I'm a college student. They started me off with $500 and now im at $1000 after about 6 months. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, yea. I understand your point. It is Discover Discover not from HSBC
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is nice to hear. By the way, I see everyonr talking about the Love Button? What is that and does it mean when it appears that you are eligible for an increase of your CL?
Message 18 of 19
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

I don't know if the LUV button exist with Discover Card, but you can get a CLI by calling the automated system.  You are eligble for increases every six months. 

The LUV button is a feature that allows you to request a CLI online.  Most credit card companies have this feature.

Message Edited by bakalao2k on 03-11-2010 11:33 AM
TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.