Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card

tag
Alexander251
New Contributor

Re: Discover Card

Im gonna call them tmrw and ask them what the F?...  Negotiate a deal.  This is embarrasing. Lol

EX 733 (Lender Pulled)
TU 745 (Lender Pulled)
EQ 738 (Lender pulled)

Message 41 of 49
Movin_on_up
New Contributor

I got approved tonight for the Discover More with a $4K CL.  EQ 716

My highest before that was the Cap 1 for $1400 and change.

Starting score: EQ FICO 8 702 (1/1/2012)
Current scores: EQ FICO 8: 763 / TU FICO 8: 760 / EX FICO 8: 765

Wallet: Chase Freedom 12K - Discover More 12K - Walmart 1K - Capital One MC 1K
Message 42 of 49
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Dang...I have a 668, and only got 1,200!

I have a 682 and only got 1k

i think I was borderline though. I was told to fax docs to them and before I could do that,,they called and asked me some ?s and I got it. Was so happy. 

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 43 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alexander251 wrote:

Im gonna call them tmrw and ask them what the F?...  Negotiate a deal.  This is embarrasing. Lol

I'm pretty sure it's the fact that you have 10 credit cards so they see the likelihood of you using there's as slim to none. When I was accepted everything on my report except student loans (which are about 6 years old and all in good standing, never late) was at least 5-7 years old and has since been removed. I also had no credit cards at the time.

Message 44 of 49
HiLine
Blogger

@Alexander251 wrote:

Very Clean. 

12 open accounts in excellent standing! . 10 CC's and two cars

Old

2x paid off 6 year old verizon lates!  

1x 30 day late car payment from 6 years ago 

1x  6-year old citibank settled cc 

rest is all good. Never late.  Total 27 accounts and a 10 year history.  

Those baddies are still on the report right? Perhaps it's a combination of that and the number of accounts. Still doesn't make much sense though, since your recent history looks really good.

Message 45 of 49
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

Well I just was approved and the customer Rep asked a lot of questions and after all that only gave me a $750 CL.

And I have scores in the low 800's and some pretty healthy credit Lines.

Go figure.

The woman interviewing me (and it WAS and interview) told me that because of the Economy (yes she actually said that) and my short history of credit reporting

they would only give me a $750 CL.

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Message 46 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just approved for 10k, first card with such a high balance. EQ 708 Smiley Very Happy

Message 47 of 49
poops
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just approved for 10k, first card with such a high balance. EQ 708 Smiley Very Happy

Did you apply in response to a pre-approved/selected offer? Or, did you just do a "cold" application?

Message 48 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can relate, Discover kept sending me invitations to apply. I was very reluctant, but i finally decided to apply. I never would have imagined i would get a credit line as high as $11,500. My credit scores was around 710, but i still never expected that. I was thinking the most would be $2500.00. I have to say i was very surprised with Discover.   

Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.