Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Card

More likely you'll get denied. I always got that message!!

They'll give you gibberish excuse for denying you..

Message 11 of 19
Established Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

They harded EX for my app in FL last year. They soft TU for AR occasionally.

Your scores are low OP. Why? You also were not diverted to HSBC Discover - you may have been denied both. I would call 1-800-DISCOVER and ask about your app status. I won't hurt anything.

Discover hard pulled EQ for me and I live in AZ.....so it seems their hard pulls will vary.

Message 12 of 19
anderl
Frequent Contributor

I applied for the Discover card online as well and was denied w/ a 708 TU, but was approved for the HSBC Discover. I called the Backdoor # and talked to a very nice woman who told me that the reason for my denial was an unpaid Judgement for $12,000. Of course it had been paid for over 5 years and was due to drop off in 6 mnths. She told me to get it corrected, which I did- within one week-GO TUSmiley Tongue and called back. She had to make another hard inquiry,was reviewed for another week and finally approved for $1500Smiley Very Happy I had 2 inq's and my score had gone up 7pts. to 715Smiley Surprised-so yes, Discover is definitely conservative and if you have a clean report/low # of inq's a TU score of 680/690 seems to get approved whereas if you have a baddie or two(of at least 4/5yrs. old), a TU of over 700 seems to do the trick.
Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 13 of 19
Iwillobtaingreatcredit
Valued Member

Discover pulled tu looked at my inquires
MYFico
Message 14 of 19
Established Contributor

Do you know your current TU FICO score? Any negative TLs on your current TU report?
Message 15 of 19
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Pulled TU in New Jersey
Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 16 of 19
Iwillobtaingreatcredit
Valued Member

Plasticman this week I will buy my current tu score from myfico.   I also have sw and i have one score left . 
MYFico
Message 17 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Iwillobtaingreatcredit wrote:

Ok I left out that part.  Let me start over  I applied for a Discover Card and they did divert me over to HSBC Discover and said they would need further review.  Some TL on TU were paid off and removed I need to buy that score again. 

Well then you know where your app stands. Call if you need further information.

my scores are low because I just went thru a divorce and trying to recover from that.  I also have collection accts that should not be on my credit report  sold and bought several times and a couple of them should not even be reporting.  I never purchased any books from this book co, but they are reporting it on my credit report.  And it is not the original creditor

Fix your CBR's first, app later.

Message 18 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I wish Discover had pulled TU for me.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.