Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Card

if he was preapproved online currently, then he has an EXCELLENT chance at getting approved if his eq fico is at or above 690. i wasn't preapproved, but i applied and was APPROVED. what the heck, its just one hard pull. it wont hurt him to pull the trigger...

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 11 of 31
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

I am more in agreement with you Qtip4. The question would be when will TU take it off as it has fallen off EQ 3 months ago and EX 2 months ago.  I can understand being slow updating reports but 3 months behind EQ and still not updated? Usually EX is the fastest to drop when suppose to drop IME and then EQ and then TU, but it is usually a matter of a week or 2 for all three to remove. 

He hasn't made a decision yet if he should pull the trigger. His fingers are itching to hit the apply button! 

Thank you

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 12 of 31
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

if he has opened any new accounts recently, i would suggest not to do it. it seems that 3 to 4 months is the magic number.

Message 13 of 31
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Yes 1 INQ will not be the biggest ordeal since it will probably be the last thing he applies for.  Won't apply for anything else for a while except maybe CLI when it is time.

He did just apply on monday for CU card which he was approved for. Hard pull was on EX but nothing reporting and hasn't received card yet. If not reporting yet would it matter?

Good Luck
Message 14 of 31
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i doubt that discover more will pul experian. and new accounts don't always report right away. unless it has reported, i think he is good to go.

Message 15 of 31
khw
Regular Contributor

I opened a discover more card this past may and they only pulled TU for me.

Starting Score: 480-550 in 2005
Current Score: 761 TU/764 EQ - 08/1/2013 /754 EX 12/15/12
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@khw wrote:

I opened a discover more card this past may and they only pulled TU for me.

You mind sharing your vitals?  What was your initial CL?

Message 17 of 31
armymom
Regular Contributor

They pulled TU on DH when he applied for the Discover More.  His fico was 683 with one 6yr old medical collection.

Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Message 18 of 31
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Here you go, this is what he has as of last night.

Does any one know who discover pulls? What are chances of being approved? 

My brother in-law is here and was thinking about applying for discover. His FICO scores EQ 732 TU 701. While his EQ report is clean with no negatives his TU has 1 collection that should drop off when ever TU gets to it since should have been off already. He has also just started rebuilding his credit like myself about 4 years ago which would be his oldest account.

Trade Lines 

1 Cap One 1200 limit - balance 0 - 4 years old - - - - shows on EQ and TU - Pays as Agreed

1 Orchard 400 limit - balance 0 - 3 years old - - - - shows on EQ and TU - Pays as Agreed

1 Car Loan 17103 balance - just over a year old - - - - shows on EQ and TU - Pays as Agreed

1 Student Loan Paid in Full - old school loan paid off 9 1/2 years ago - - - - shows on TU only

No INQ on EQ

1 INQ on TU

No negatives on EQ

1 collection on TU that hasn't fallen off yet. Both EQ and EX have removed already.

He was going to try for Discover More card and I have no experience with this card myself to offer any advice.

Thank you for any suggestions you can offer.

EDIT: his scores are okay I would believe, it is the collection that is ready to fall off that he is hesitant about. 

Good Luck
Message 19 of 31
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Just to note: it's not always TU. A member from East Tennessee had EQ pulled, even though middle and west Tennessee residents had TU pulled. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.