Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card

tag
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Card

After waiting and not making a decision yet he decided to see which CR was soft pulled 1st. 

Pulls his reports and both TU and EQ were soft pulled. Smiley Mad

Such as his luck will have it. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 21 of 31
khw
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@khw wrote:

I opened a discover more card this past may and they only pulled TU for me.

You mind sharing your vitals?  What was your initial CL?

my initial CL was only 1,000 and at the time my scores were in the 660-690 range with two, almost 7 year old collections....As of now, my CL is up to 1800 with no collections and my scores as listed below, I PIF every month and don't charge more then about a 100 a month Smiley Happy 

Starting Score: 480-550 in 2005
Current Score: 761 TU/764 EQ - 08/1/2013 /754 EX 12/15/12
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 31
chris6291
Established Member

Same thing happened to me! I went on a credit shopping spree this month and here in Houston they mostly pull EQ. My EQ was 673 and TU was 682. Im only 19 and fairly new file. Had a crap1 card for 1500 limit and 28% uti. I literally had about 8-9 inq on EQ, luckily discover pulled TU where I had 1 inq. The point is I was denied for student more card because I go to a 2 year college (basics) but called credit dept and nice lady at the Utah center verified income(25k) and employment and made a decision to approve me for $1500 with a 19.99% interest. :/ but I guess, it's discover and I got approved with no so great scores. Anybody knows what's discover's cli policy?

Starting Score: EX 568 | TU 569 | EQ 568
Current Score: EX 579 | TU 582 | EQ 570
Goal Score: EX 700 | TU 690 | EQ 680

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chris6291 wrote:
Same thing happened to me! I went on a credit shopping spree this month and here in Houston they mostly pull EQ. My EQ was 673 and TU was 682. Im only 19 and fairly new file. Had a crap1 card for 1500 limit and 28% uti. I literally had about 8-9 inq on EQ, luckily discover pulled TU where I had 1 inq. The point is I was denied for student more card because I go to a 2 year college (basics) but called credit dept and nice lady at the Utah center verified income(25k) and employment and made a decision to approve me for $1500 with a 19.99% interest. :/ but I guess, it's discover and I got approved with no so great scores. Anybody knows what's discover's cli policy?

Congratulations on being approved for the Discover card. In my experience, Discover does automatic increases every six months. I use the card regularly and pay the balance in full every month.

Message 24 of 31
chris6291
Established Member

Thanks! And what do you mean by regular use? I usually go shopping and PIF with my the other cards I have. But I want to make discover my #1 card and I will always PIF but how much should I rack up on the card per month? I was thinking using a max of 33% of the card limit??? I just dont want to look very risky to discover! Suggestions??

Starting Score: EX 568 | TU 569 | EQ 568
Current Score: EX 579 | TU 582 | EQ 570
Goal Score: EX 700 | TU 690 | EQ 680

Message 25 of 31
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Use it as much as you want and make additional payments as you use it before statement hits. 

Good Luck
Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chris6291 wrote:
Thanks! And what do you mean by regular use? I usually go shopping and PIF with my the other cards I have. But I want to make discover my #1 card and I will always PIF but how much should I rack up on the card per month? I was thinking using a max of 33% of the card limit??? I just dont want to look very risky to discover! Suggestions??

After you get your card create a free online account to better manage your discover card. Don't forget to sign up for the monthly 5% cash back bonus categories. It's free to do so. October through December purchases made at restaurants, clothing stores, and department stores earn 5% cashback on up to $300. Also sign up for the double cashback bonus (up to 2%) for shopping online November 15-December 31 on up to $1,000 in purchases. And finally if you shop online take advantage of ShopDiscover. Purchases made there earn 5% to 20% cash back at partnered places such as Wal-mart, Best Buy, Target, etc.

By regular use I mean go shopping and always PIF to earn as much cash back as possible.

Message 27 of 31
clocktick
Valued Contributor

OP, what happened with your BIL, did he get the card?

Also, Discover hard-pulled EQ for me when I applied.  It looks like, from this thread, that they never ever pull EX?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Message 28 of 31
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Not as of yet, he has not pulled the trigger. Last I heard he called TU and spoke with the CSR about how come his CA account was still showing since its drop off date was Oct 7th 2010. CSR response was it will be removed sometime in Dec 2010. He is in no rush and not one to make waves and is waiting until they remove it before he applies. I will update when he applies and who they pulled, as of now they soft pulled TU and EQ on their pre-approval. 

Good Luck
Message 29 of 31
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@chris6291 wrote:

Congratulations on getting the Discover. Don't rack up more than you want to spend just to please them. Just use it sensibly and pay it off every month and you'll be fine.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.