Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Cash Back Calendar 2015

tag
Danizzle
New Contributor

Discover Cash Back Calendar 2015

I found the cash back categories for 2015 this morning and wanted to share.

Jan.-Mar. - Gas Stations & for Ground Transportation

Apr.-June - Food & Fun.  Program details, including the maximum you could earn, are coming February 2015.

July-Sept. - Summer Spruce Up & More. Discover Cardmembers will activate to get 5% Cashback Bonus when they shop to prepare for fall. Exciting program details, including the maximum you could earn, are coming May 2015.

Oct.-Dec. - Holiday Shopping & More. Discover Cardmembers will activate to get 5% Cashback Bonus when they shop for the holidays. Exciting program details, including the maximum you could earn, are coming August 2015.

Seems to be similar to '14 but there are some changes.

All FICO scores as of 9.1.14: Exp 744, Eq 745, TU 764
Goal: 800+ across the board
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover Cash Back Calendar 2015

Thanks for sharing.

Message 2 of 14
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Danizzle wrote:

I found the cash back categories for 2015 this morning and wanted to share.

Jan.-Mar. - Gas Stations & for Ground Transportation

Apr.-June - Food & Fun.  Program details, including the maximum you could earn, are coming February 2015.

July-Sept. - Summer Spruce Up & More. Discover Cardmembers will activate to get 5% Cashback Bonus when they shop to prepare for fall. Exciting program details, including the maximum you could earn, are coming May 2015.

Oct.-Dec. - Holiday Shopping & More. Discover Cardmembers will activate to get 5% Cashback Bonus when they shop for the holidays. Exciting program details, including the maximum you could earn, are coming August 2015.

Seems to be similar to '14 but there are some changes.

Those rotating categories are nice to have....thanks for sharing

Message 3 of 14
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the heads-up. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Just wish we didn't have to go in and "sign up" seems kind of silly to me.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 14
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Thanks a lot for that. I agree though that I wish there was an option for people to be automatically signed up for this stuff if they want to.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appreciate the early insight!
Message 7 of 14
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the sharing the info! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
barbaralee
Established Contributor

That sounds pretty good. Lord knows home improvement categories does me no favors, lol. 

Message 9 of 14
yfan
Valued Contributor

I was kind of looking forward to restaurants next quarter - which would have been the case if they had stuck to the 2014 calendar, but it looks like I will have to wait till April for that. Oh well. The gas doesn't do me a whole lot of good since all my gas purchases are pretty much from Costco. This being said, this quarter I have immensely enjoyed the 5% on online shopping and combined it as much as I could with Discover Deals, and I'm happy to report my holiday shopping is done early!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.