Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Cash Back Match Posted Today!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Cash Back Match Posted Today!

My 13th statement had cut today and noticed that Discover had already posted my Cashback match on my account for $262 and change. It's funny because they still deny me a limit increase (tried one today and NADA!)  Still sitting on my forever CL of 2.3K. But definitely grateful that Discover gave me the extra bucks to pay off my other bills. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Cash Back Match Posted Today!

Nice! I got mine a few months ago. I had completely forgotten about the cash back match so it was a nice little surprise.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice! I got mine a few months ago. I had completely forgotten about the cash back match so it was a nice little surprise.

I actually forgot about mine as well, so when I logged into check my statement and saw it, It made my day. Now if only they love me enough to increase my limit since they keep denying me on the basis of Insufficient experience with current limit. Oh well, I'll take the money. Thank you very much

Message 3 of 10
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

That's awesome!  I can't wait to get mine this October.  I didn't take out any cash back so I can get one lump sumSmiley Happy

Did you max out all your category bonuses? I think I've only done it twice.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sdsoccerdad wrote:

That's awesome!  I can't wait to get mine this October.  I didn't take out any cash back so I can get one lump sumSmiley Happy

Did you max out all your category bonuses? I think I've only done it twice.

In December I did because it was Amazon and I did most of my holiday shopping online. But prior to that was modest spending. I also cashed in on the cashback i've earned last January. If i didn't touch it, I would have had a total of $500 plus. But it was still awesome to see it posting today. 

Message 5 of 10
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Nice! I’m maxing out this quarter with gift cards. I’d only spend like 7-800 on groceries otherwise. Gonna get REI too, already got the APP store. 😁😁

Going to have to find a restaurant that sells Amazon gift cards or something ...

Message 6 of 10
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Mine posts tomorrow, cant wait!
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Clark, you da SHARKSmiley Wink You doubled my first year lol but then again I'm so poor I make AJC look like a kingSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats Clark, you da SHARKSmiley Wink You doubled my first year lol but then again I'm so poor I make AJC look like a kingSmiley Wink

Lol AJC! You are a King! Glad you have Discover back in your wallet. As much as I hate the fact that they are stingy with me on increasing my limit. They are a good company, so I will always have them on my wallet in case I would need it. 

Message 9 of 10
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Know many of us are all about trying to get the most rewards out of cards.. But I still say theres a place for customer service... Theres a lot of things I like about dealing with Disco in general vs some of the other banks.... And I like their online portal..  (not so sure about the font on the redesign) but its very easy to get what i need online.... So theres times i rather reach for discover vs getting every cent or point from another card... Even though theres not universal foreign transaction support (many places abroad dont take it out of the box, or realize they take it)  not having to worry about DCC is a nice thing that most folks might not realize.. Also have had a good general experience dealing with questions on statements (another merchant (cough bank) was saying one thing, and discovers transaction history said something else)... 

Its gotten less alluring with some of the nerfing.... Never knew i needed something untill it dissapeared ... (car rental secondary) But think you might see a return of some of the higher Discover tiers where they put back some of the things they took away...... And hopefully ill be eligible for it =)

Even if its not your daily driver,  if i want to make a purchase,  between the relatively easy to get offers and APR reductions... Its even not so bad for a larger purchase...   Think sometimes we value points or max return when sometimes its time which is valuable. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.