cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Cash Over Purchase Benefit!!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Cash Over Purchase Benefit!!

Can only use the feature at the stores on the list.
Message 21 of 38
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Bummer, only store frequented is Safeway. Use Amex there. Tis okay (only take 10 to 15 out a month, maybe when pick up some booze Smiley Wink).
Signature needs updating
Message 22 of 38
JSS3
Valued Contributor

If you get a screen asking do you want cashback when making a purchase...that store qualifies.
Message 23 of 38
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

Thank you Baller for posting the list!! You are the best!

I definitely think it's a cool benefit...going to give it a try sometime soon just because, lol!  Discover is quickly becoming my favorite.  Now if they would just lower my APR! Smiley Happy

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 24 of 38
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@I-think-I-can wrote:

I definitely think it's a cool benefit...going to give it a try sometime soon just because, lol!  Discover is quickly becoming my favorite.  Now if they would just lower my APR! Smiley Happy

A little too much Discover Kool-aid I think (well, I'm biased because they wouldn't give me the IT!)   It's certainly convenient in that you don't need to go to an ATM, but hardly amazing  since there are no additional rewards on the cash back.

Message 25 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are called cash advances if im not mistaken lol.. and those are killers  with any CC compnay

Message 26 of 38
Bman70
Established Contributor

It said no cash advance fees or fees at all.

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 27 of 38
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@I-think-I-can wrote:

A little too much Discover Kool-aid I think (well, I'm biased because they wouldn't give me the IT!)   It's certainly convenient in that you don't need to go to an ATM, but hardly amazing  since there are no additional rewards on the cash back.

no ATM fee, 25 days before interest takes effect,  money saved in gas not rushing to a bank or heading for an ATM, Walmart/Sams club cards have the same feature in their respective stores.... Stress reduced.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 28 of 38
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Those are called cash advances if im not mistaken lol.. and those are killers  with any CC compnay

Did yah not read the thread? 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 29 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

To me, still not something you should use outside of emergency purposes as it is subject to an APR, but it's a convenient feature. Wouldn't get into a habit of using it (unless you're going to pay it off and avoid the APR, of course).

I guess, but it's not really any different than using a credit card in general. The cash over is subject to the same terms as the purchase (minus cashback).

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.