cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Cash Over Purchase Benefit!!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Cash Over Purchase Benefit!!

General credit cards will charge you a cash advance fee and cash advance apr

Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

that is a cool feature I've never used it is like a micro balance transfer to pay off the last hundred dollars of a store card before interest hits
Message 32 of 38
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

General credit cards will charge you a cash advance fee and cash advance apr

Your like the 5th person to mention that. lol 

This is much like the walmart card, getting cash at the register and having it apply as a normal purchase. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 33 of 38
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yep. But only difference is you can only do it up to your cash limit at Wal-Mart. Would you believe that I have a $10k Wal-Mart limit and my $30 cash limit hasn't budge since I got the card with a $150 limit. What the????.... LMAO!!!!

Discover allows up to $120 daily. Period

Message 34 of 38
newhis
Valued Contributor

When I pay with Discover at Sams, they offer 20, 40 or 60 cash. So I guess to get the limit ($120) I need to do it 2 times (buy at least 2 separate items)

Message 35 of 38
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yep two times @ $60
Message 36 of 38
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Tried this tonight while grocery shopping in Kroger at the self-checkout. It offered me $20 or $40 cashback. Pretty handy to get some cash for my lotto tickets without having to find a free ATM.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used it once just to play with it and it is really, REALLY convenient.  I already really enjoy using my Discover anyway but something that keeps me from having to do two transactions just to avoid going to the bank (one with my Discover and like a pack of gum with my debit for cash back purposes, hahaha) it a-ok in my book.

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.