10-11-2010 01:15 PM
Does this apply to all Discover cards or just teh Walmart/Sams Discover cards? And where can this be done? I saw in the thread that someoen mentioned Walmart, but is this an option at all places that accept Discover??
I"ve only used it at Walmart but I would guess there must be other merchants who will let you do this. I would ask them before I tried doing it.
From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work
10-11-2010 01:55 PM
10-11-2010 02:13 PM
Wow!!!! That is quite the list..... and very helpful! Thank you. Just one more reason I want that Discover More card.
10-11-2010 03:47 PM
Yeah, quite a random list- I'd say
Upon a cursory viewing, not a single store on it in my area (major city)
10-12-2010 12:34 PM
Publix isn't listed and that's where I shop here in Miami.
You will have to ask them the next time you are in there and let us know. I have a feelilng there are probably quite a few more.
09-09-2013 11:11 AM
Yep this works at wal-mart, the store employees might not understand what you're talking about but it works.
I was just in Reno away from my town and went to the wal-mart, slid the card, and the options were $20/$40/$60.
My iphone app says regular purchase at wal-mart for the dollar amount, just make sure you pay your credit card bill off every month to avoid fees.
09-09-2013 12:49 PM
A few things to confirm:
1. It works just like cash back on debit card, and employees at the store will treat it as such.
2. It does not work at stores not listed, even if they normally do cash back.
3. It'll show up on a purchase on account activity, but if you expand the details it will indicate what part is purchase and what part is cashback.
4. It is not a cash advance and you don't pay interest on it unless you are paying interest on purchases. If you are short on cash this is a much cheaper way of doing what is basically a cash advance.
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.