cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Cash Over.. anyone use this feature?

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover Cash Over.. anyone use this feature?

@Anonymous wrote:

Does this apply to all Discover cards or just teh Walmart/Sams Discover cards? And where can this be done? I saw in the thread that someoen mentioned Walmart, but is this an option at all places that accept Discover??

I"ve only used it at Walmart but I would guess there must be other merchants who will let you do this. I would ask them before I tried doing it.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 21 of 29
john398
Senior Contributor

Seems to work at most grocery sstores, such as WalMart, Safeway, Krogers...

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!!!!  That is quite the list.....  and very helpful!  Thank you.  Just one more reason I want that Discover More card.  Smiley Sad

Message 24 of 29
score_building
Senior Contributor

Yeah, quite a random list- I'd say

Upon a cursory viewing, not a single store on it in my area (major city) Smiley Indifferent

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 25 of 29
DI
Super Contributor

Publix isn't listed and that's where I shop here in Miami. 

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

Publix isn't listed and that's where I shop here in Miami. 

You will have to ask them the next time you are in there and let us know. I have a feelilng there are probably quite a few more.

Message 27 of 29
itsnorcal
New Visitor

Yep this works at wal-mart, the store employees might not understand what you're talking about but it works.

I was just in Reno away from my town and went to the wal-mart, slid the card, and the options were $20/$40/$60.

My iphone app says regular purchase at wal-mart for the dollar amount, just make sure you pay your credit card bill off every month to avoid fees.

Message 28 of 29
ObieGrad
Valued Member

A few things to confirm:

1. It works just like cash back on debit card, and employees at the store will treat it as such.

2. It does not work at stores not listed, even if they normally do cash back.

3. It'll show up on a purchase on account activity, but if you expand the details it will indicate what part is purchase and what part is cashback.

4. It is not a cash advance and you don't pay interest on it unless you are paying interest on purchases.  If you are short on cash this is a much cheaper way of doing what is basically a cash advance.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.