Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 656
Registered: ‎07-17-2007
0

Re: Discover Cash Over.. anyone use this feature?

 


DI wrote:
Using the cashback feature with purchases doesn't earn rewards on the amount of the cash one received.  You only receive rewards from purchases. 

Too bad, although I'm not surprised. If that were true it'd be a pretty dumb move on Discover's part.

 

Super Contributor
Posts: 5,744
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Discover Cash Over.. anyone use this feature?

 


KingAdrock wrote:

 


DI wrote:
Using the cashback feature with purchases doesn't earn rewards on the amount of the cash one received.  You only receive rewards from purchases. 

Too bad, although I'm not surprised. If that were true it'd be a pretty dumb move on Discover's part.

 


My point exactly.  That would be like  Discover giving you cash for using its money.

 

Regular Contributor
Posts: 192
Registered: ‎07-21-2010
0

Re: Discover Cash Over.. anyone use this feature?

They did not mention whether the interest starts accruing on the day of withdrawal or just like a regular purchase?

Epic Contributor
Posts: 24,407
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Discover Cash Over.. anyone use this feature?

 


ferrari wrote:

They did not mention whether the interest starts accruing on the day of withdrawal or just like a regular purchase?


regular purchase... When I do it at the grocery, you don't see a charge for the grocery and a charge for your cash, it's one transaction for the total

 

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
83 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,413
Registered: ‎01-20-2008
0

Re: Discover Cash Over.. anyone use this feature?


Creditaddict wrote:

 

regular purchase... When I do it at the grocery, you don't see a charge for the grocery and a charge for your cash, it's one transaction for the total

 


Good to know.   And if we carry the balance, we get to charge the interest with purchase APR ... right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's very tough with small income ~ The Rewards are big little helper to me.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,794
Registered: ‎07-01-2010
0

Re: Discover Cash Over.. anyone use this feature?

One thing that I've never seen discussed is how "cash over" transactions are handled from a merchant perspective.

 

For example, suppose that I go to Safeway, make a $5 purchase, and specify $60 cash back.

 

I know that from a card user  perspective, it's treated as a regular purchase.  However, in such a case, does the merchant fee reflect the full $65?

 

I assume the answer is "yes", but don't know for sure.

 

 

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,528
Registered: ‎01-19-2009
0

Re: Discover Cash Over.. anyone use this feature?

 


user5387 wrote:

One thing that I've never seen discussed is how "cash over" transactions are handled from a merchant perspective.

 

For example, suppose that I go to Safeway, make a $5 purchase, and specify $60 cash back.

 

I know that from a card user  perspective, it's treated as a regular purchase.  However, in such a case, does the merchant fee reflect the full $65?

 

I assume the answer is "yes", but don't know for sure.

 

 


The merchant has to submit the transaction in a "cash over" field  and from what I can see the limit is $100 and the merchant is not charged a % on that fee

Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎03-17-2010
0

Re: Discover Cash Over.. anyone use this feature?

[ Edited ]

 


john398 wrote:

 


user5387 wrote:

One thing that I've never seen discussed is how "cash over" transactions are handled from a merchant perspective.

 

For example, suppose that I go to Safeway, make a $5 purchase, and specify $60 cash back.

 

I know that from a card user  perspective, it's treated as a regular purchase.  However, in such a case, does the merchant fee reflect the full $65?

 

I assume the answer is "yes", but don't know for sure.

 

 


The merchant has to submit the transaction in a "cash over" field  and from what I can see the limit is $100 and the merchant is not charged a % on that fee


It works 100% like this. And you dont earn reward points on cash-overs because merchant fee dont get charged on them :smileyhappy:

 

New Contributor
Posts: 72
Registered: ‎09-24-2010
0

Re: Discover Cash Over.. anyone use this feature?

Does this apply to all Discover cards or just teh Walmart/Sams Discover cards? And where can this be done? I saw in the thread that someoen mentioned Walmart, but is this an option at all places that accept Discover??

EQ: 788 TU: 779 EX: 770 (FICO as of 7/2010) EX FAKO: 770
Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎03-17-2010
0

Re: Discover Cash Over.. anyone use this feature?

[ Edited ]

It applies to all Discover cards (not sure about the co-branded ones except for Walmart discover). And yes, you can get cash-overs at any place that does cash-back on debit cards (and accepts Discover ofcourse)..

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.