Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Cashback Bonus question

tag
parkman
Regular Contributor

Discover Cashback Bonus question

Hello. I recently utilized Discover's referral program to earn a $50 statement credit. I referred DW, sat with her during the application process, and saw her get approved. She got the card, activated it, and used it on some diapers (to qualify for her statement credit.) We both got the message that it could be up to 5 weeks before we see the bonus on our accounts. It's been almost 5 weeks and no bonus to speak of!

Does anyone have any experience with this, and if so, how long did it actually take for you to receive the bonus?

All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Cashback Bonus question

I'm also interested in the answer to this question as I'm waiting for the refer-a-friend bonus myself. 

Message 2 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Did you guys utilize the chat feature to ask about the status of these bonuses? That's really the best way (or calling) to clarify what stage of the process they are in in regards to rewarding the bonus.

Smiley Wink HTH
Message 3 of 10
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:
Did you guys utilize the chat feature to ask about the status of these bonuses? That's really the best way (or calling) to clarify what stage of the process they are in in regards to rewarding the bonus.

Smiley Wink HTH

I didn't.  I asked the approx timeframe to get credited and they said what the OP just did. I didn't know you can ask what stage it was in. Thanks for letting us know.

Message 4 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, that's usually what I've done in the past -- and then not too long after the chat, it's usually posted.
Message 5 of 10
ntr1991
Established Member

There was one instance in which I got credited, but the referree did not.  He ended up having to fax a copy of the email offer to Discover, and it was credited in about a week.

$500--Penn State FCU Visa
$2000--Discover
Message 6 of 10
Open123
Super Contributor

The referral bonus shop post on your next statement's Discover cash balance.  Has your statement cut without the $50 appearing on the cashback balance?

Message 7 of 10
parkman
Regular Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

The referral bonus shop post on your next statement's Discover cash balance.  Has your statement cut without the $50 appearing on the cashback balance?

I haven't had a statement cut yet, so that very well may be why I haven't seen it. However, DW has had a statement generate, and hasn't received the credit either. 

All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 8 of 10
Open123
Super Contributor

@parkman wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

I haven't had a statement cut yet, so that very well may be why I haven't seen it. However, DW has had a statement generate, and hasn't received the credit either. 

Her's should have posted.  While yours should post once your statement cuts.

Message 9 of 10
parkman
Regular Contributor

If I don't see anything by the time my statement posts, I'll certainly reach out to them. Thanks.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.