Contributor
elvigy

Discover Cashback Bonus

So I got a Discover card a few days ago and immediately signed up for the 5% gas bonus for this quarter. A couple of days later, I saw another offer on my home page for a 2% bonus on ALL purchases for the month of August. Of course, I signed up for that too! But does this mean I get 7% on gas now? Or just the 5%? I bought some gas with the card but so far the cash bonuses aren't showing up so I'm not sure.

I can't find an answer to this anywhere on Discover's website.

Amex BCP | Barclaycard Arrival WMC | Chase Slate | Discover IT
Senior Contributor
john398

Re: Discover Cashback Bonus

elvigy wrote:

So I got a Discover card a few days ago and immediately signed up for the 5% gas bonus for this quarter. A couple of days later, I saw another offer on my home page for a 2% bonus on ALL purchases for the month of August. Of course, I signed up for that too! But does this mean I get 7% on gas now? Or just the 5%? I bought some gas with the card but so far the cash bonuses aren't showing up so I'm not sure.

I can't find an answer to this anywhere on Discover's website.

I thought cash back only gets posted when statement cuts, sorry dont have an answer on the 7%

Contributor
elvigy

I think you're probably right about that. Either way, I'll keep using the Discover to buy gas until this quarter ends but if it is 7% that would be sweet. :smileyhappy:

Amex BCP | Barclaycard Arrival WMC | Chase Slate | Discover IT
09Lexie

Discover does stack their cashback bonus up to the cap. Remember, gas purchased at where house locations are not eligible for the 5%.
Frequent Contributor
hutchj

I would call and ask. A Discover CSR will be able to give you a much more accurate response to that question.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Senior Contributor
john398

09Lexie wrote:
Discover does stack their cashback bonus up to the cap. Remember, gas purchased at where house locations are not eligible for the 5%.

I am confused, what do you mean by gas purchase at a house location? I never heard that term before

09Lexie

[ Edited ]
Senior Contributor
john398

09Lexie wrote:
Costco, Sams Club. Warehouse locations

Edit: typo

oh LOL  gotcha

New Contributor
Haroon

I got 5% cash back at SAMs club gas station.
Senior Contributor
Open123

elvigy wrote:

So I got a Discover card a few days ago and immediately signed up for the 5% gas bonus for this quarter. A couple of days later, I saw another offer on my home page for a 2% bonus on ALL purchases for the month of August. Of course, I signed up for that too! But does this mean I get 7% on gas now?

Yes, Discover stacks all cashback bonuses.  7% on all gas purchases is awesome!

For instance, if electronic stores are 5% and you have the 2% bonus, then if you go through shopdiscover for, say, Best Buy, you'd get 5% + 2% + 5% shopdiscover for 12%.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+