Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Cashback Checking Account & Question

tag
MegaZX30
Valued Member

Discover Cashback Checking Account & Question

Heyya everyone,
So I don't know how many here have a Cashback Checking account through Discover.
I just opened mine and was able to start using it a couple days ago, only put the minimum in it.
But I've used it a few times for a couple small purchases, and I noticed a minor thing that slightly bothers me and I don't know if it bothers others or not...

When you make a purchase you can see the amount has been deducted from your total, but cannot view the pending transactions that go with them until they have been fully proccessed.

Now I know it's more of a convience to see this and I am fully capable of keeping track of my own purchases but it just seems strange when other banks allow you to view pending transactions and your even able to view pending transactions on your credit card accounts (such as Discover's own credit cards) that you can't view them here. I like to cross check my personal records with the online ones, if there happens to be an inconsistency with numbers it's hard to know what's going on if you have to wait for the finalized transaction(s) to show up, a main reason this bothers me at all...

I'm hoping by some chance since the Discover Cashback Checking accounts are somewhat new there just still working on implementing these kinds of little features.

I did messege them and got a responce back.

Heres the quoted responce I got back
"Thank you for your suggestion about viewing your pending debit card transactions online. We are always looking for ways to improve our business and serve you better. It is comments such as yours that help us achieve those goals. We will be happy to take your suggestion into consideration as this option is not yet available to view your pending debit card purchases. Please let us know at anytime you should see any unauthorized purchases that are posted to your Account."

But what do others think shouldn't this be kind of like a standard feature? In todays time it seems like a common banking function really.  Maybe some more people with a Checking Account through Discover could suggest this to make sure it's really brought to their attention. 

Discover IT: $2,650 -- Capital One Platinum $1K -- Cap One QuickSilver $3K -- Chase Freedom $3K
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.