cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Changes from a TU fico to a EX fico.

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Discover Changes from a TU fico to a EX fico.

I just went to creditscore.com, and it does advertise a free score on the landing page, but then on the login page I use my existing Experian login and it takes me to the usual site where it says I need to pay $1 for a score (and I think it subscribes me to something).

Of course if I didn't have the existing Experian login this might not be a problem.  I guess I could try to get a new login with another email address just for creditscore.com, but I'm not sure if it would pick up that my SS# is already registered with Experian or not.  In any case I'm getting the info from Amex and now Discover, so I'm OK.

I can't provide any additional info on creditscore.com, though.  <sorry>  Smiley Sad

Message 21 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Tortoise, the Discover one is exactly the same login and everything as the paid service.  

When I follow the email I get to this:  Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 8.09.11 AM.png

Are you saying THAT's the same as the free Discover one? (Sorry, being dense.)

Message 22 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well duh, I finally just went there Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 8.12.05 AM.png

I bet they're different 'skins' for the same thing. 

ETA: It would be interesting, a la Uncle B's idea, to do both and space them out. 

So with all the credit cards you get scores, not reports. With your free annual credit report you get reports but not scores. With myfico (which I've got under an old plan) I get free reports annually, scores updated 'real-time', but just one. With the new myfico product, you get the same except reports quarterly. With these you get both? Do you just get one score? Or all scores? 

Message 23 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Tortoise, the Discover one is exactly the same login and everything as the paid service.  

When I follow the email I get to this:  Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 8.09.11 AM.png

Yes, exact same thing,  When I tried to create an account on credit score.com, it told me that I already had one.  I know that I have never signed up for it so they had to be using my Experian.com login.  Tried it and it worked.

Message 24 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, exact same thing,  When I tried to create an account on credit score.com, it told me that I already had one.  I know that I have never signed up for it so they had to be using my Experian.com login.  Tried it and it worked.

Interesting. I DO get to the same place as if I got to my old, had-been-paying-for experian service. And in both cases this is on the right (for Irish's benefit). 

Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 8.20.11 AM.png

Message 25 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to sort of follow this tangent, but there's still speculation that this is what OP was talking about so, I'll continue: 

Actually, it's really nothing for me because it's frozen in time when I stopped paying (I assume). Everything is as of 3/5/16. I was all excited that my score jumped. But alas, no. 

Message 26 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I certainly can live without the extra benefits they list.  With a $13/month savings, I'm already planning my next vacation.  Bora Bora here I come!

image.jpeg

Message 27 of 44
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I guess once you subscribe to any Experian free product you're locked in regardless of which site you visit.  I am 'subscribed' to the free service that updates monthly, and only provides the Experian's own FAKO score.

I tried freecreditscore.com and it takes me to the exact same landing I get on the 'other' site.

Note the website I'm on below, and note that I have to pay the dollar (and get a subscription).  Not so free, at least for me.  Smiley Frustrated

notsofree.jpg

Message 28 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I certainly can live without the extra benefits they list.  With a $13/month savings, I'm already planning my next vacation.  Bora Bora here I come!

image.jpeg

With free airfare and hotel from rewards and the $13 a month savings just buying drinks, no doubt. Smiley Wink 

Seriously, look at my last post. I don't know why they would have marketed to me that I can get that for free and they want me back if it's frozen in time. I need to try one more thing. 

Message 29 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

I guess once you subscribe to any Experian free product you're locked in regardless of which site you visit.  I am 'subscribed' to the free service that updates monthly, and only provides the Experian's own FAKO score.

I tried freecreditscore.com and it takes me to the exact same landing I get on the 'other' site.

Note the website I'm on below, and note that I have to pay the dollar (and get a subscription).  Not so free, at least for me.  Smiley Frustrated

notsofree.jpg

And if you do the $1 and don't cancel, you're on the hook for recurring monthly. 

Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.