Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Checking Account - $50 Bonus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Checking Account - $50 Bonus

Today is the last day to get the $50 bonus for a discover checking account.

I have absolutely no need for a fourth, yes fourth, checking account, but hey $50 is $50.  I don't know much about checking account policies and procedures.  Is this something I could get declined for.  Don't want to raise hell for just $50.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Checking Account - $50 Bonus

I did it last year for the $50 bucks. I then get different email promos every now and then for $10 bucks here $50 here with DD for 2/3 months. It's free money.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They declined me 6 months ago. Now i'm approved. $50 here we come! Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase has a $300 checking sign on bonus and 150 for savings .
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Chase has a $300 checking sign on bonus and 150 for savings .

Already got Chase. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went for it as well.  Approved.  I'll take the 50, and up to $10 per month cash back.  Although I can't see myself using the account much, but hey it was free.  

And while Chase gives $300, its a loaded 300.  You have to deposit quite a bit, and they have fees on their accounts.  I only have a chase checking account to get cashback on my chase morgtage.  Later found out that because my mortgage didn't originate through chase I wasn't eligible, but oh well, I have a mickey debit card and there's no fee because I auto pay my mortgage so life is good.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have absolutely no need for a fourth, yes fourth, checking account, but hey $50 is $50.  I don't know much about checking account policies and procedures.  Is this something I could get declined for.  Don't want to raise hell for just $50.

Well you should know that opening a CA usually results in a ChexSystem inquiry. Too many of those and you might run into trouble opening a new account one day. But other than that it shouldn't hurt.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well you should know that opening a CA usually results in a ChexSystem inquiry. Too many of those and you might run into trouble opening a new account one day. But other than that it shouldn't hurt.

Cool, thanks for the heads up.  Not too many concerns there as I have a Wells Fargo and Chase checking.  Also have a CU and now Discover.  Don't plan on opening, or closing for that matter, any more anytime soon so I should be fine.  As long as they dont AA me and close one without my approval! haha.  But with the amount I use the accounts I should be fine!

Thanks!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both DW and I have Discover checking accounts.  While my primary checking account is an RCA earning 3% interest, I like to use one of the Discover checking accounts for all checks, billpays and small debit-card purchases (ones that would generate less than 10¢ in CC rewards).  Of course, the $50 opening bonus was the real reason for opening the accounts.  When I opened mine, I set up a DD, even though one wasn't required for the bonus.  When I opened up DW's, I didn't set up DD and several months later they offerred her an additional $25 for setting up a DD, which of course we took advantage of.

Chris.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.