Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Chome and It?

@Anonymous wrote:
You can have the It and Miles both.
Can you have the It and Chrome?

It, It Chrome, It Miles, they're all different products. If the 5% categories don't mean much to you, I'd just PC to chrome. I have Chrome (secured) and am considering PC'ing to regular It once I graduate since the 5% categories will be worth more to me than the 0.5% better Disco It Chrome gives me on gas and dining vs my Chase FU.

Message 2 of 7
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It, It Chrome, It Miles, they're all different products. If the 5% categories don't mean much to you, I'd just PC to chrome. I have Chrome (secured) and am considering PC'ing to regular It once I graduate since the 5% categories will be worth more to me than the 0.5% better Disco It Chrome gives me on gas and dining vs my Chase FU.

You can get It as secured card. You just need to call Disco for it like I did of PC.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Subexistence wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can get It as secured card. You just need to call Disco for it like I did of PC.

Ah nice. Smiley Happy My 7th statement cuts in a couple weeks so I'm hoping to shake out a graduation and cli then I'll call for the PC.

Message 4 of 7
Subexistence
Established Contributor

I remeber there was some process you could do to get 2 cli in one day, forgot what  you had to do.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 5 of 7
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Subexistence wrote:

I remeber there was some process you could do to get 2 cli in one day, forgot what  you had to do.

Are you talking about a CLI Double Dip?

On regular (unsecured) cards... How it works is if you get an Auto-CLI, you can do a request CLI and usually get another helping of CLI.....

OR---- If you request a CLI, (and actually get one) you can call in and see if any more is on the table... and usually there is a little left for an additional boost.... (there is a backdoor number for it.... do not confuse it with an underwriter and a typical recon.... Discover doesn't do those)

On secured cards unsecuring... its a little less predictable.....

But heres what some have done successfully... Once they see their card has unsecured.... give it a day or two.....

(Really think it takes a few days to completely unsecure..)

You may have gotten an Auto CLI,  or not.... likely to have when it unsecured... 

Either way (if you got the auto CLI or not) ... try hitting the CLI button .....(autoCLI i feel the odds are better)  for this CLI (and most Disco CLIs, except some via phone) its a SP...

If this doesn't work. you can try calling in.. but they will likely require an HP.... and unless your scores have jumped since Discos last pull.. I really wouldnt take the HP pul  and just wait 30-31 days and try another LUV button

Wish you luck

-J

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the It Card. It was the secured card last year but I PC'd it from Chrome to It when I graduated.

Was thinking of applying for the Chrome or Miles card too. I love Discover. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.