Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***Discover Cli***

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: ***Discover Cli***

@RockinRay Yes, I can. I have all I need. Its now time to setlle down and do whats right!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 35
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I know you can - I was just teasing you!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 22 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Ray lol! Sometimes I dont know my own self!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 35
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Thats great news. Congrats on the cli. Discover is all American even better. Over the summer time my card will be put to great use buying a/c parts. Smiley Happy

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 24 of 35
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

I decided to give a call again today.  One rep told me that they do not give increases more than $500.00 without a HP. Another  told me that when accounts are established, they are coded as (not) being eligible for auto CLI.  Those of us - perhaps rebuilders and those with some baddies on or CR at the time of applying - have to go through HPs.  I told him that I did not want that as I had recently received a Barclay card and applied for onc card after that.  I do not want to trigger Barclay into closing my account because of too much activity on my CRs.  I have read such stories.  I have only had them for 2 months, and currently, my highest CL is with them, so I do not want to rock the boat. 

@armywifey85 wrote:

I used it every month for the 6 months, always paying in full before the statement cut. I didn't receive an auto cli at 6 months, so I told them I wanted to close it. I told the lady that 1k credit wasn't enough of a cusion for me to feel good about using it so much. I used it for gas, groceries and cable bill every month. I don't know if she did a hp, she didn't say if she was and I didn't ask. If she did It doesn't matter I'm in the garden for a yr after getting amex delta and chase southwest. I did charge a lot to the card each month like 700 to 800 each month for 6 months she did mention that so I know that's what they like.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 25 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Changingmantra wrote:

I decided to give a call again today.  One rep told me that they do not give increases more than $500.00 without a HP. Another  told me that when accounts are established, they are coded as (not) being eligible for auto CLI.  Those of us - perhaps rebuilders and those with some baddies on or CR at the time of applying - have to go through HPs.  I told him that I did not want that as I had recently received a Barclay card and applied for onc card after that.  I do not want to trigger Barclay into closing my account because of too much activity on my CRs.  I have read such stories.  I have only had them for 2 months, and currently, my highest CL is with them, so I do not want to rock the boat. 

@armywifey85 wrote:

I used it every month for the 6 months, always paying in full before the statement cut. I didn't receive an auto cli at 6 months, so I told them I wanted to close it. I told the lady that 1k credit wasn't enough of a cusion for me to feel good about using it so much. I used it for gas, groceries and cable bill every month. I don't know if she did a hp, she didn't say if she was and I didn't ask. If she did It doesn't matter I'm in the garden for a yr after getting amex delta and chase southwest. I did charge a lot to the card each month like 700 to 800 each month for 6 months she did mention that so I know that's what they like.

So did they give you the $500?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 35
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

I had planned on burning three inq this yr. So I didn't ask or care about the inqs. I will be in garden mode for a yr. So did you get the $500? 

Message 27 of 35
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

I tried to do what the OP did and said I was going to close my account that I have had open since 2008 with a CL of $500. I got told their system was down and went to the messages online and submitted a request for a CLI but did NOT want a hard pull. Is a Hard pull the only way I would get an increase? I think it's ridiculous that I haven't ever got an increase...didn't mean to hijack the thread sorry... Oh and just got the email saying without a hard pull I couldn't get it increased..
Message 28 of 35
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

No, I did not get the $500.  I was told the my account had a no auto CLI restricion on it when it was opened.  Smiley Frustrated  I just  assume it is because I still have a BK (in which Discover was included 8.5 years ago) on my CR - along with some other nasties. 

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 29 of 35
h4ldol
Contributor

Discover seems to be pretty serious about the HP for CLI.  

I mentioned this in another thread, but I have had my Discover Card since 1994 and increasing the CL only via auto-CLI steadily over the years up to $12,600 where it's stayed at for about the past year.  When I called to request a CLI, they told me that a HP was needed.  When I agreed to the HP, they told me to wait for the CLI department (underwriting I suppose) to call me, which they did the next day.  They asked what CL I wanted and so I told them $20k.  They asked me why and I gave them the standard response that I use the card a lot but the relatively low CL is impacting my credit score.  I was basically saying that I want to continue to use it a lot (I typically charge $3-4,000/month) but that it would be difficult to do so without a significant CLI.  

After reviewing my account and CR, and asking about income and employment, they told me that the computer system allowed a $500 increase and on top of that they could manually increase it another $5,000, for a total CL of $18,100 -- but that I would need to verify income to get it to $20k.  That could be done either by faxing some paystubs over or the CSR could call HR at my employer, which was a lot more convenient so I agreed to that.  I assume they did call my work's HR, because within an hour my CL went to $20k.  Also, my credit report was updated with my new employment info also.  

So basically, the HP seems pretty much par for the course for Discover, as well as the $500 CLI, although it can clearly be increased further when they want to or deem it appropriate.  

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.