Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: ***Discover Cli***

@RockinRay Yes, I can. I have all I need. Its now time to setlle down and do whats right!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
RockinRay

I know you can - I was just teasing you!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Mega Contributor
LS2982

@Ray lol! Sometimes I dont know my own self!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
Brian_Trying_700

Thats great news. Congrats on the cli. Discover is all American even better. Over the summer time my card will be put to great use buying a/c parts. :smileyhappy:

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Established Contributor
Changingmantra

I decided to give a call again today.  One rep told me that they do not give increases more than $500.00 without a HP. Another  told me that when accounts are established, they are coded as (not) being eligible for auto CLI.  Those of us - perhaps rebuilders and those with some baddies on or CR at the time of applying - have to go through HPs.  I told him that I did not want that as I had recently received a Barclay card and applied for onc card after that.  I do not want to trigger Barclay into closing my account because of too much activity on my CRs.  I have read such stories.  I have only had them for 2 months, and currently, my highest CL is with them, so I do not want to rock the boat. 

armywifey85 wrote:

I used it every month for the 6 months, always paying in full before the statement cut. I didn't receive an auto cli at 6 months, so I told them I wanted to close it. I told the lady that 1k credit wasn't enough of a cusion for me to feel good about using it so much. I used it for gas, groceries and cable bill every month. I don't know if she did a hp, she didn't say if she was and I didn't ask. If she did It doesn't matter I'm in the garden for a yr after getting amex delta and chase southwest. I did charge a lot to the card each month like 700 to 800 each month for 6 months she did mention that so I know that's what they like.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Mega Contributor
LS2982

Changingmantra wrote:

I decided to give a call again today.  One rep told me that they do not give increases more than $500.00 without a HP. Another  told me that when accounts are established, they are coded as (not) being eligible for auto CLI.  Those of us - perhaps rebuilders and those with some baddies on or CR at the time of applying - have to go through HPs.  I told him that I did not want that as I had recently received a Barclay card and applied for onc card after that.  I do not want to trigger Barclay into closing my account because of too much activity on my CRs.  I have read such stories.  I have only had them for 2 months, and currently, my highest CL is with them, so I do not want to rock the boat. 

armywifey85 wrote:

I used it every month for the 6 months, always paying in full before the statement cut. I didn't receive an auto cli at 6 months, so I told them I wanted to close it. I told the lady that 1k credit wasn't enough of a cusion for me to feel good about using it so much. I used it for gas, groceries and cable bill every month. I don't know if she did a hp, she didn't say if she was and I didn't ask. If she did It doesn't matter I'm in the garden for a yr after getting amex delta and chase southwest. I did charge a lot to the card each month like 700 to 800 each month for 6 months she did mention that so I know that's what they like.

So did they give you the $500?

Starting Score:
Regular Contributor
armywifey85

I had planned on burning three inq this yr. So I didn't ask or care about the inqs. I will be in garden mode for a yr. So did you get the $500? 

Regular Contributor
s_rob7488

I tried to do what the OP did and said I was going to close my account that I have had open since 2008 with a CL of $500. I got told their system was down and went to the messages online and submitted a request for a CLI but did NOT want a hard pull. Is a Hard pull the only way I would get an increase? I think it's ridiculous that I haven't ever got an increase...didn't mean to hijack the thread sorry... Oh and just got the email saying without a hard pull I couldn't get it increased..
Established Contributor
Changingmantra

[ Edited ]

No, I did not get the $500.  I was told the my account had a no auto CLI restricion on it when it was opened.  :smileyfrustrated:  I just  assume it is because I still have a BK (in which Discover was included 8.5 years ago) on my CR - along with some other nasties. 

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
New Contributor
h4ldol

Discover seems to be pretty serious about the HP for CLI.  

I mentioned this in another thread, but I have had my Discover Card since 1994 and increasing the CL only via auto-CLI steadily over the years up to $12,600 where it's stayed at for about the past year.  When I called to request a CLI, they told me that a HP was needed.  When I agreed to the HP, they told me to wait for the CLI department (underwriting I suppose) to call me, which they did the next day.  They asked what CL I wanted and so I told them $20k.  They asked me why and I gave them the standard response that I use the card a lot but the relatively low CL is impacting my credit score.  I was basically saying that I want to continue to use it a lot (I typically charge $3-4,000/month) but that it would be difficult to do so without a significant CLI.  

After reviewing my account and CR, and asking about income and employment, they told me that the computer system allowed a $500 increase and on top of that they could manually increase it another $5,000, for a total CL of $18,100 -- but that I would need to verify income to get it to $20k.  That could be done either by faxing some paystubs over or the CSR could call HR at my employer, which was a lot more convenient so I agreed to that.  I assume they did call my work's HR, because within an hour my CL went to $20k.  Also, my credit report was updated with my new employment info also.  

So basically, the HP seems pretty much par for the course for Discover, as well as the $500 CLI, although it can clearly be increased further when they want to or deem it appropriate.  

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+