Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Costco workaround

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Costco workaround

Most of you probably know this, but for those new to Disco (like me!) this might be a handy tip. 

The 5% catagory this period is home improvement and warehouse stores. Of course, CostCo doesn't take disco in store...but they do on their website. Just bought $500 of Costco cash cards with the card - with 5% category + cashback match, that 10% looks pretty good.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Costco workaround

Yeah that's what I did too! Except I only did $100 worth haha
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not know this. Just figured I would use it at Sam's Club only. Thank you!

Message 3 of 5
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

ALSO... one more fact..

You do NOT have to be a member to shop at Costco if you are paying with a Costco GC in store.....As long as SOME of the purchase is put on the GC   Smiley Happy

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 5
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

The other workaround that USED to be available was for Sams club, before they took Amex...  You could buy WM GC's at WM with your Amex and use them at Sams..

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.