cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Credit Card

tag
Tryingtogetanswers

Discover Credit Card

I have a credit card that initially started at $5000 limit. I maxed it out after a devastating storm to do repairs on my home. The balance is now over $13,000 because I am just paying the minimum monthly payments (that's all I can do). The interest balance just keeps building and building. I need relief. I need the best advice to try to get a hold of the debt and get it paid down. I know the best thing to do is to make more than the minimum monthly payment but I really need the interest to stop. Please help!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Credit Card

@Tryingtogetanswers wrote:

I have a credit card that initially started at $5000 limit. I maxed it out after a devastating storm to do repairs on my home. The balance is now over $13,000 because I am just paying the minimum monthly payments (that's all I can do). The interest balance just keeps building and building. I need relief. I need the best advice to try to get a hold of the debt and get it paid down. I know the best thing to do is to make more than the minimum monthly payment but I really need the interest to stop. Please help!!

Have you tried to call discover to see if they will lower your APR? What does the rest of your credit profile look like? This will help determine a good course of action. 

Message 2 of 4
Tryingtogetanswers

I have contacted them to see if I could settle with them but because I am making on time regular payments this was not an option. The rate is adjustable and fluctuates often.

Message 3 of 4
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

What does the rest of your credit profile look like? This will help determine a good course of action. 

This is key to determining what advice we give.  Also, did you file an insurance claim that could help you pay it down or off?  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.