Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Established Member
Posts: 51
Registered: ‎05-03-2010
0

Discover Credit Line Increase, is it possible?

i've tried twice to get Discover to give me a credit line increase...2 hard pulls and nothing as a result. anyone here have any tips on how to achieve this?

 

i got the card as part of a balance xfer and finished paying that off with a few months of interest. it will be a year since i got the card this coming June.

 

They started me with $1700 credit line and i want 5000+

 

any tips or experience stories with Discover recently?

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,862
Registered: ‎01-10-2008
0

Re: Discover Credit Line Increase, is it possible?


fausto412 wrote:

i've tried twice to get Discover to give me a credit line increase...2 hard pulls and nothing as a result. anyone here have any tips on how to achieve this?

 

i got the card as part of a balance xfer and finished paying that off with a few months of interest. it will be a year since i got the card this coming June.

 

They started me with $1700 credit line and i want 5000+

 

any tips or experience stories with Discover recently?


Have had a 2k More card for 1+ yrs, denied for CLI 3x's, however many here report easy, breezy CLI from Discover, lol, so don't give up- just don't let them pull HPs for your requests anymore, I sure wouldn't.  Even when they like you they tend to be conservative with CLIs... 1.7 to 5k could take you a few years with Discover, should probably look to another issuer if you want quick growth.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Established Member
Posts: 51
Registered: ‎05-03-2010
0

Re: Discover Credit Line Increase, is it possible?

 


score_building wrote:

fausto412 wrote:

i've tried twice to get Discover to give me a credit line increase...2 hard pulls and nothing as a result. anyone here have any tips on how to achieve this?

 

i got the card as part of a balance xfer and finished paying that off with a few months of interest. it will be a year since i got the card this coming June.

 

They started me with $1700 credit line and i want 5000+

 

any tips or experience stories with Discover recently?


Have had a 2k More card for 1+ yrs, denied for CLI 3x's, however many here report easy, breezy CLI from Discover, lol, so don't give up- just don't let them pull HPs for your requests anymore, I sure wouldn't.  Even when they like you they tend to be conservative with CLIs... 1.7 to 5k could take you a few years with Discover, should probably look to another issuer if you want quick growth.


 

2k More?? what's that?

 

yeah no more hard pools from them. i'll wait a year and appy for a new discover. need my credit score to recover...carrying too much debt recently

Regular Contributor
Posts: 117
Registered: ‎04-30-2008
0

Re: Discover Credit Line Increase, is it possible?

I've had Discover for 2 1/2 years and just received a credit line increase automatically.  I PIF almost all of the time (except maybe two months) and was never late.  I started with a credit line of $3100 and it was increased to $3700.  I never asked for a credit line increase because I didn't really need one.  I have higher limits on my other cards and didn't want to push the subject with them.  We all know how touchy CCC are lately.


Starting Score: 703
Current Score: 7/8/10: TU - 738 EQ - 750
Previous Score: 1/22/10: TU - 703 EQ - 714
Goal Score: 750


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,862
Registered: ‎01-10-2008
0

Re: Discover Credit Line Increase, is it possible?

 


fausto412 wrote:

 


score_building wrote:

fausto412 wrote:

i've tried twice to get Discover to give me a credit line increase...2 hard pulls and nothing as a result. anyone here have any tips on how to achieve this?

 

i got the card as part of a balance xfer and finished paying that off with a few months of interest. it will be a year since i got the card this coming June.

 

They started me with $1700 credit line and i want 5000+

 

any tips or experience stories with Discover recently?


Have had a 2k More card for 1+ yrs, denied for CLI 3x's, however many here report easy, breezy CLI from Discover, lol, so don't give up- just don't let them pull HPs for your requests anymore, I sure wouldn't.  Even when they like you they tend to be conservative with CLIs... 1.7 to 5k could take you a few years with Discover, should probably look to another issuer if you want quick growth.


 

2k More?? what's that?

 

yeah no more hard pools from them. i'll wait a year and appy for a new discover. need my credit score to recover...carrying too much debt recently


Discover More 2,000.00 CL.

 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Established Member
Posts: 51
Registered: ‎05-03-2010
0

Re: Discover Credit Line Increase, is it possible?

 


tianapb725 wrote:

I've had Discover for 2 1/2 years and just received a credit line increase automatically.  I PIF almost all of the time (except maybe two months) and was never late.  I started with a credit line of $3100 and it was increased to $3700.  I never asked for a credit line increase because I didn't really need one.  I have higher limits on my other cards and didn't want to push the subject with them.  We all know how touchy CCC are lately.


 

man that's a stingy credit line increase.

 

couple of months ago i called chase and said i need an increase and they said how much?

BOOM, call lasted under 5 minutes. now that's what i'm talking about.

USAA, CHASE gives me 10k

CAP ONE gives me 8500

Discover 1700???? WTF?

 

now i have no intentions to load them up but in order to keep utilization low you need higher credit lines.

 

Established Member
Posts: 51
Registered: ‎05-03-2010
0

Re: Discover Credit Line Increase, is it possible?

 


score_building wrote:

 


fausto412 wrote:

 


score_building wrote:

fausto412 wrote:

i've tried twice to get Discover to give me a credit line increase...2 hard pulls and nothing as a result. anyone here have any tips on how to achieve this?

 

i got the card as part of a balance xfer and finished paying that off with a few months of interest. it will be a year since i got the card this coming June.

 

They started me with $1700 credit line and i want 5000+

 

any tips or experience stories with Discover recently?


Have had a 2k More card for 1+ yrs, denied for CLI 3x's, however many here report easy, breezy CLI from Discover, lol, so don't give up- just don't let them pull HPs for your requests anymore, I sure wouldn't.  Even when they like you they tend to be conservative with CLIs... 1.7 to 5k could take you a few years with Discover, should probably look to another issuer if you want quick growth.


 

2k More?? what's that?

 

yeah no more hard pools from them. i'll wait a year and appy for a new discover. need my credit score to recover...carrying too much debt recently


Discover More 2,000.00 CL.

 


oh!

 

Regular Contributor
Posts: 117
Registered: ‎04-30-2008
0

Re: Discover Credit Line Increase, is it possible?

Yes it was very stingy!  But I have much higher credit limit on other cards so I wasn't to concerned with it.  Definitely a bummer though!


Starting Score: 703
Current Score: 7/8/10: TU - 738 EQ - 750
Previous Score: 1/22/10: TU - 703 EQ - 714
Goal Score: 750


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,413
Registered: ‎04-18-2008
0

Re: Discover Credit Line Increase, is it possible?

My experience with Discover, they like heavy usage--do not SD the card.

Established Member
Posts: 51
Registered: ‎05-03-2010
0

Re: Discover Credit Line Increase, is it possible?

 


MrShush wrote:

My experience with Discover, they like heavy usage--do not SD the card.


SD?? what do you mean>?

 

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.