Established Member
fausto412

Discover Credit Line Increase, is it possible?

i've tried twice to get Discover to give me a credit line increase...2 hard pulls and nothing as a result. anyone here have any tips on how to achieve this?

i got the card as part of a balance xfer and finished paying that off with a few months of interest. it will be a year since i got the card this coming June.

They started me with $1700 credit line and i want 5000+

any tips or experience stories with Discover recently?

Senior Contributor
score_building

Re: Discover Credit Line Increase, is it possible?

fausto412 wrote:

i've tried twice to get Discover to give me a credit line increase...2 hard pulls and nothing as a result. anyone here have any tips on how to achieve this?

i got the card as part of a balance xfer and finished paying that off with a few months of interest. it will be a year since i got the card this coming June.

Have had a 2k More card for 1+ yrs, denied for CLI 3x's, however many here report easy, breezy CLI from Discover, lol, so don't give up- just don't let them pull HPs for your requests anymore, I sure wouldn't.  Even when they like you they tend to be conservative with CLIs... 1.7 to 5k could take you a few years with Discover, should probably look to another issuer if you want quick growth.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Established Member
fausto412

score_building wrote:

fausto412 wrote:

Have had a 2k More card for 1+ yrs, denied for CLI 3x's, however many here report easy, breezy CLI from Discover, lol, so don't give up- just don't let them pull HPs for your requests anymore, I sure wouldn't.  Even when they like you they tend to be conservative with CLIs... 1.7 to 5k could take you a few years with Discover, should probably look to another issuer if you want quick growth.

2k More?? what's that?

yeah no more hard pools from them. i'll wait a year and appy for a new discover. need my credit score to recover...carrying too much debt recently

Regular Contributor

I've had Discover for 2 1/2 years and just received a credit line increase automatically.  I PIF almost all of the time (except maybe two months) and was never late.  I started with a credit line of $3100 and it was increased to $3700.  I never asked for a credit line increase because I didn't really need one.  I have higher limits on my other cards and didn't want to push the subject with them.  We all know how touchy CCC are lately.

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: 7/8/10: TU - 738 EQ - 750
Previous Score: 1/22/10: TU - 703 EQ - 714
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
score_building

fausto412 wrote:

score_building wrote:

fausto412 wrote:

2k More?? what's that?

yeah no more hard pools from them. i'll wait a year and appy for a new discover. need my credit score to recover...carrying too much debt recently

Discover More 2,000.00 CL.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Established Member
fausto412

tianapb725 wrote:

I've had Discover for 2 1/2 years and just received a credit line increase automatically.  I PIF almost all of the time (except maybe two months) and was never late.  I started with a credit line of $3100 and it was increased to $3700.  I never asked for a credit line increase because I didn't really need one.  I have higher limits on my other cards and didn't want to push the subject with them.  We all know how touchy CCC are lately.

man that's a stingy credit line increase.

couple of months ago i called chase and said i need an increase and they said how much?

BOOM, call lasted under 5 minutes. now that's what i'm talking about.

USAA, CHASE gives me 10k

CAP ONE gives me 8500

Discover 1700???? WTF?

now i have no intentions to load them up but in order to keep utilization low you need higher credit lines.

Established Member
fausto412

score_building wrote:

fausto412 wrote:

score_building wrote:

fausto412 wrote:

2k More?? what's that?

Discover More 2,000.00 CL.

oh!

Regular Contributor

Yes it was very stingy!  But I have much higher credit limit on other cards so I wasn't to concerned with it.  Definitely a bummer though!

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: 7/8/10: TU - 738 EQ - 750
Previous Score: 1/22/10: TU - 703 EQ - 714
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
MrShush

My experience with Discover, they like heavy usage--do not SD the card.

Established Member
fausto412

MrShush wrote:

My experience with Discover, they like heavy usage--do not SD the card.

SD?? what do you mean>?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+