Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Credit Score Tracker

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Credit Score Tracker

$8 a month for Experian score and report. Is it a FAKO score? Is the report a full, real report? Might be worth it, even if the score is BS. Opinions?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover Credit Score Tracker

I don't see the word "FICO" anywhere in the explanations for this so I conclude all the scores are FAKO until and if someone corrects me.

I don't know if they are complete reports or not but it's not worth $8 a month to me. Of course I have no use for any of these monitoring services. To me they are all a waste of money. Just MO.

From a BK years ago to:
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It;s a EX service not even a Vantage score
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried that one a year a go, and I did not like it.  It is worthless.   Don't waste your money, even only $8.   Instead, better to have Identity Protection. 

You may want to try these:

Discover Identity Theft Protection

Monitor all three but, CR is Experian Only. 

However, the credit score is exactly same as Experian Triple Advantage CR I just requested.

http://www.discovercard.com/protection-solutions/identity-theft.html 

Chase Identity Protection 

Monitor all three and CR from all three.

FACO ... kind of higher than actual, but I get to see the score is went up or went down.

The most important is protect your identity.  

https://www.chaseidprotection.com/product_bundle.aspx

Check this post:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=rebuildingcredit&thread.id=99170

Message Edited by bunnyrabbit on 03-05-2010 12:06 PM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA CreditCheck® Monitoring Premium from Experian®

$8.95 per month, unlimited CR pulls from all 3 bureaus, with FAKOs.  If you are monitoring your accounts and trying to take care of issues, I haven't found a better deal.  Used in combination with an occasional FICO pull from here, can be very useful.

Message 5 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

USAA CreditCheck® Monitoring Premium from Experian®

$8.95 per month, unlimited CR pulls from all 3 bureaus, with FAKOs.  If you are monitoring your accounts and trying to take care of issues, I haven't found a better deal.  Used in combination with an occasional FICO pull from here, can be very useful.

the price shows as 12.25/mo for me Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Through USAA?

If you have a USAA account, just go to your offers or Shopping and Discounts, I believe.. Automatically gets you the $8.95 per month rate...

If you don't have USAA, the price will vary.

Message 7 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

yes, through usaa.  tried to get to it from different pages, but no dice Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.