Regular Contributor
sgs10

Discover Customer Initiated CLI

[ Edited ]

I had discover for 6 months and there is no auto CLIas far now. Does discover approves customer initiated CLI????. My over all utilization has been 2-6% on all 3 cards. I just carry small balance every month usually less than 4%.

Established Contributor
andre181

Re: Discover Customer Initiated CLI

[ Edited ]

I requested a discover CLI about 3 months and was approved for a $500 increase, but it was a hard inquiry on TU.

Discover IT $24K | FNBO Visa $20K | Citi Forward $12.5K | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $10K | Priceline/Barclays $10K | Amazon/Chase Visa Sig $8.3k | Citi ThankYou Preferred $6.5K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Sallie Mae World MC/Barclays $5K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | Commerce Bank $5K | WF Cash Back Visa $3.6K | Amazon/GEMB $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | AMEX BCE $2K Target $1K | AMEX Green
EX FICO (from AMEX): 754, TU08 FICO (from Discover): 755, AAoA: 3.6 years
Senior Contributor
score_building

Had the card around 18+ mos. before getting a 2k CLI upon request with a HP on TU.  

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Regular Contributor
ferrari

same experience here. HP for a measly $350. However, lately I've been maxing out the card and paying in full every month for a few months. If I don't get a CLI on the card's anniversary, I am gonna toss it in the sock drawer for a few months and see what happens!

Valued Contributor
MrShush

My experience with Discover CLIs has been pretty good. I got the card in 12/08 with a line of $5490. I started using in heavily after a few months and in October of 2009, I called the IVR and got a $2000 increase to $7490; no hard pull. In April of 2010, I had enough in my cash back to get a $50 statement credit, used it and in turn, the very next day I had a $1500 CLI to $8990. Earlier this month when the statement cut and my cash back bonus had credited, I had enough for another $50 statement credit, I used it and the next day again, I had a CLI bringing me to $9890. We use the card a lot--and they seem to like that. YMMV, of course.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+