Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Deal - Best Buy and Video Game Preorder

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Deal - Best Buy and Video Game Preorder

I had thought Best Buy charged my card when I bought it online for In-Store Pick up. It appears that the charge was actually at the time of pick up. Should I just email Discover? Is there a way to do this witout having to email?Thanks. Next time I'll just have them ship it to my address so I'm charged right away.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
surehit
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover Deal - Best Buy and Video Game Preorder

In-Store Pickup and Ship to Home orders are processed through the same system at Best Buy. The only difference would be that for a ship to home order you are charged at the time the item is shipped, and in-store you are charged when you pick the item up. Neither of them truly charge your card on the date of pre-order.
AMEX Platinum Gold - NPSL | Citi ThankYou Premiere 20k | NASA Platinum Rewards - 20k | Alaska Airlines Visa Signature - 5k x 5 (Not sure why I needed 5.... but still....) | Amex Blue Cash Everyday - 21K | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 15K | Ritz Carlton Card - 10k | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - 5k | BECU Visa - 3k |Barclaycard Rewards - 2k | Chase Amazon Rewards - 1k | Discover IT Student - 500 | Chase Slate - 500 | Walmart Store Card - 700 | BBY CitiBank - 1500 | BBY CitiBank -1000

Eq (MyFico) 767 | TU (FICO) 759 | Ex (FAKO): 749
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@surehit wrote:
In-Store Pickup and Ship to Home orders are processed through the same system at Best Buy. The only difference would be that for a ship to home order you are charged at the time the item is shipped, and in-store you are charged when you pick the item up. Neither of them truly charge your card on the date of pre-order.

Got it. I wonder if anyone has figured this out. Is there a better forum that could answer my question? Maybe I'll try Best Buy forum.

Message 3 of 4
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Most retailers operate this way with preorders. You are not charged until item ships or is picked up. The only time I've been charged right away is when paid through PayPal.

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.