cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Deals - Count against Cashback Limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Deals - Count against Cashback Limit?

So Discover's 5% quarterly limit is 1500.  Does going through Discover Deals count against that?

For example, I already maxed out this month's 1500 cap.  Nordstrom.com is a 5% category (department strore), but right now, there's a 10% off link if I go through Discover Deals for nordstrom.com.  Is the cap and Discover a mutually exclusive thing?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Deals - Count against Cashback Limit?

@Anonymous wrote:

So Discover's 5% quarterly limit is 1500.  Does going through Discover Deals count against that?

For example, I already maxed out this month's 1500 cap.  Nordstrom.com is a 5% category (department strore), but right now, there's a 10% off link if I go through Discover Deals for nordstrom.com.  Is the cap and Discover a mutually exclusive thing?

AFAIK, two different things.

Message 2 of 9
newhis
Valued Contributor

Discover Deals = no part of the limit, so shop and shop again Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newhis wrote:

Discover Deals = no part of the limit, so shop and shop again Smiley Happy

Agreed Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Heads up for everyone - it's Nordstrom's anniversy sale now, so go in store, try out what you like, and if you can get it online, go through the portal.  10% * Double cash back on top of already great prices is just amazing Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also - is the 5% quarterly stackable on the 10% deals?

I just read this on Dr. of Credit:

"What’s even more awesome is that Discover is currently offering 5% cashback on the card in the following categories: home improvement stores, department stores, and Amazon. Sears is considered a department store and would work to trigger the 5% rate. If you add the 5% plus the 10% from the portal and then double that total at years end, you’ll end up with a whopping 30% discount on your purchases."

Does that mean if i use another discover card that I haven't maxed out yet, I get

10% discover deal x 2 = 20% 

5% quarterly bonus x2 = 10%

for 30% total? 

I thought the deals were seperate?

Message 6 of 9
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

You can stack the quarterly 5% deal with any Discover Deal.  For instance, if you used $1,500 at Nordstrom and it counts as a Department Store, you will receive 5% bonus for the quarter and an additional 5% for the Discover Deal, for a total of 10% cash back.  Now, if you spend another $1,500 at this store, you would only receive a 5% bonus since you already maxed out the quarterly bonus.

Message 7 of 9
itguy_65
Frequent Contributor

Well, I just tried the stacking with a $500 JCPenney purchase.  Discover Deals currently offering 10%, it's classified as a Department Store, plus I have Double Cash Back, so I should receive a total of 30% eventually.  Discover Deals says 8 weeks for the Cash Back to post, and of course the Double Cash doesn't post until the 13th month, but here's hope!!  Also tried to stack with ebates 15%, so should be very interesting, though it will take far too long to find out if it worked!!

EQ (3/24/17): 820 TU (3/24/17): 799 EX (3/24/17): 806
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm fixing to try it at Lowes.  I all get 10% mi!itary discount and if I'm reading things right I'll get 5 % that doubles so it'll be a total of 20%.  That'll be pretty awesome.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.