Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Deals Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Deals Question

Well I ended up buyig from JCPenney.com. But I may not get the Discover Deal because I used a coupon code on the order. We'll see. Maybe if they don't give me the Discover Deal, they might honor the 5% Department Store deal.

Message 11 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I ended up buyig from JCPenney.com. But I may not get the Discover Deal because I used a coupon code on the order. We'll see. Maybe if they don't give me the Discover Deal, they might honor the 5% Department Store deal.

I just bought some new Nike's last week on JCPenney.com, and was wondering if it would 'work' with Discover Deals if I entered a coupon code as well. 

I actually tried to use one, but it was rejected since the shoes were already on 'special'.  So, I emptied my cart, and started over back at the Discover portal (just in case) and completed the sale.  I have gotten the Discover Deal email confirmation, but I'm still wondering if the coupon code had worked, if I could have received the Discover deal as well...

Please let us know how it works out for you!  If they do allow a coupon code and the Discover Deal, that could be quite nice!  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just bought some new Nike's last week on JCPenney.com, and was wondering if it would 'work' with Discover Deals if I entered a coupon code as well. 

I actually tried to use one, but it was rejected since the shoes were already on 'special'.  So, I emptied my cart, and started over back at the Discover portal (just in case) and completed the sale.  I have gotten the Discover Deal email confirmation, but I'm still wondering if the coupon code had worked, if I could have received the Discover deal as well...

Please let us know how it works out for you!  If they do allow a coupon code and the Discover Deal, that could be quite nice!  Smiley Happy

It just occurred to me that I used a Discover Deal at Old Navy a few weeks ago when I was buying the kid some school clothes. I used a coupon code there and I got the Deal, so I have high hopes that this will also work with JCP.

Message 13 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It just occurred to me that I used a Discover Deal at Old Navy a few weeks ago when I was buying the kid some school clothes. I used a coupon code there and I got the Deal, so I have high hopes that this will also work with JCP.

That's awesome to hear!  It's looking like my getting a Discover card is one of the wiser decisions I've made in a while.  Smiley LOL

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the email yesterday about the discover deals. I got the cash back for the deal. I wonder if I will also get the 5% back because it is a department store. That may not work since I bought it online. I wish there was an easier way to track the 5%. I don't think they give a breakdown of which purchases get the 5% bonus, do they?

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.